Chapter Thirty Five

So... it turns out playing cards is super easy...

For us.

We pretty much demolished the boys. Because of Sarah, we didn't lose a single round. Sarah was able to keep track of the cards so we knew where every card was. Star wanted to cheat when it was our turn to deal, and Sarah agreed, but I didn't let them because we were already winning.

"Ha, ha, suckers!" I shout throwing down three aces as the door was thrown open.

That poor door.

I'm not sure that it has ever been opened gently.

In walk the five older brothers, Mr.Blackbourne, Pug, Axel, Marc, and Raven.

"What did Sang win this time?" Blend asks casually.

I toss my blue and silver locks.

"I demolished them in poker," I answer Marc with false confidence and arrogance sticking my nose in the air.

Kota smirks and bumps my nose with his.

"Ew! Your booger mine touched my nose!" I shriek scrambling away.

I jump up and run to the bathroom, ignoring the booming laughter behind me.

I turn the water on all the way as hot as it will go.

I need to burn the germs.

I stick my head under the water and flinch at the memories the hot water brings back. Memories of playtime with Master.

Furiously, I scrub my nose and the surrounding area. I breathe in a bit of water and a snort it out.

Finally, I deem my nose acceptably clean.

How dare Kota touch me with his finger holster?

It is disgusting!

The poor boy must not understand social cues. Cues like "Don't touch my nose" and "Not to touch girls so you don't get cooties" and "Personal space."

I shake my head in pity.

Being socially awkward must be tiring and frustrating for him.

Drying my face off with a fluffy white towel, I head back to the living room where they are talking quietly.

"Watcha doin?" I chirp.

"Ms.Sorenson, they were just informing us of the events that occurred today. In about half an hour, we are all going to your house," Mr.Blackbourne decides.

Ooh yay!

I get to go with them to see Master and Marie!

North Star looks grumpy and like he doesn't like the idea, but Mr.Blackbourne must have been able to convince them all.

"You are going so we can have their reactions and decide a fitting fate," Axel explains to me.

I smile.

I think they might like Master once they actually meet her.

Meanie stands up and declares, "You guys have your gear. Nathan and I are going to get Trouble set up."

Nathan?

Who is Nathan?

Have I met him?

"I believe that Nathan is Paprika's fake name. Since they are undercover, it makes sense that they would have to go by an alias," Sarah explains to my poor blonde brain.

"Why do you use Paprika's alias when we all know his real name?" I ask, still confused.

They all laugh, oddly enough, while Paprika just groans.