Chapter Forty Six

I throw the door open and Luke bounds over to me.

"Thank goodness, Cupcake! Do you know what kind of torture it is waiting to be released while you can smell chocolate cake being baked?!" Luke accused giving me a hurt look.

"Not really. All those times I got locked up, I normally smelt blood. Sometime my own feces when I was stunned suck there for long enough," I answer with a shrug.

Luke gives me a horrified and regretful look.

To make it to away, I shove his cake slice under his nose.

Luke looks at me and at the cake. And back and forth. And back and forth. And back and forth. And back and forth. Finally, he snatches the cake.

In between bites, he informs me, "We're not done talking about this."

I give him a confused look.

"Talking about what?"

Luke swallows and gawks at me.

"Talking about you sticking a chair under the handle keeping me stuck in a room with painted shut windows! While there is cake baking! All because I wanted to try some!"

"Yeah, the chair was pretty smart wasn't it, Mr.Lockpick? I'll have to thank Kota for having painted shut windows though..."

Luke mutters a ton of mean words under his breath.

I gasp in horror.

Angry, I grab his ear in a vice grip and drag him to the bathroom ignoring his shouts. I stick his head in the sink and knee him in the gut.

Luke gasps in pain.

I take the opportunity.

I shove the bar of soap in his mouth and scrub it around a little. When I am no longer mad or concerned about the quality of the words that come out of his mouth, I let go of him.

Luke panics and spits out the suds and sticks his mouth under the faucet. He rinsed his mouth out before drying his tongue with a towel and then drinking straight from the faucet.

"What was that for?!" He roars once he is done wiping the water off his face.

Huh.

Luke doesn't normally get mad.

I wonder what has him so freaked out.

"What was what for?" I ask curiously.

Luke facepalms.

"Sang, why did you wash my mouth out?" Always clarifies slowly.

I grin.

I know the answer!!!

"Easy! You said many, many, many, mean and dirty words so I made sure your mouth is clean," I answer happily.

Luke softens until he is no longer mad at all and hugs me.

I hug him back, unsure of why he is hugging me but not caring.

"Thank you for caring, Cupcake, even if you show it strange and awful ways," Luke murmurs.

How interesting.

First he is mad for no reason, now he is hugging me for no reason.

Strangeness.

I sigh.

"Of course I care about you, Always. You may be a weirdo and a bit of a wimp, but you are so funny and you love sugar and pranks as much as I do," I tell him honestly.