Chapter 44

We stayed hugging each other for 20 minutes and I felt okay. 

My dad knows about the plan and he knows what to do. 

I just hope that everything will come smooth. 

Nakadating na si Analie and she's nervous as I am. 

Umakyat uli kami sa kwarto and Lance sat at the chair in my desk, while Analie sat at the couch, and I remained standing. 

"So, tomorrow is the big day." Analie laughed nervously. 

I smiled, "Yeah." Iyon lang ang tanging naisagot ko. 

"Ready ka na ba maging incharge sa business ng daddy mo, Analie?" I asked while holding 3 polaroid picture of my friends and I. 

The first one is the guys and I, iyong kami palang nung high school. The second one is the girls, we took this nung birthday ko. The last one is the trio, Rob, Justus and I. 

I looked at the family picture in my wall. I smiled. 

"I will be ready, tutulungan niyo naman ako diba?" She looked at us with pleading eyes. 

Napatawa naman kami. 

Silence hit us. The silence brought us comfort and help us be calm for a moment. 

I guess, my life is at risk once again. Ilang years nakalipas? 5 years? 6 years? 

Akalain mo iyon na akala mo na aksidente lang lahat pero hindi.

I was one of the main targets. Natatawa na lang ako. 

My life's been a very shattered glass that I can't even fix myself.

I want to tell Lance something, so I think this is the perfect time to say it to him, right? 

I looked at Lance and he was staring at the polaroid pictures that's been framed in my desk. 

Naalala ko na meron pala kaming picture dalawa na nakaframe doon sa desk ko.

"Lance, if this is the last moment I'll have with you. Can I ask you a favor?" I awkwardly smiled.

Tinignan niya ko ng matalim but he gave in anyway. 

"I want you to promise me to be move on, be happy, find another person who will make you happy." I smiled pero tumuloy ako, "Gusto ko pakasalan mo iyong taong 'yun. Ayoko na may inililihim sakaniya, I want you to be open to her. Okay?" 

Hindi na ako nag hintay ng sagot at humarap kay Analie, "Stop being scared, you're a strong person. H'wag mo kakalimutan iyon. We may have been into several fights before, but I want you to know that I still treated you like a friend. I wouldn't have saved you there kung hindi diba?" We laughed. 

"But always make yourself happy, first. Your  first priority should be on how you treat yourself right." I smiled at her. 

I saw a tear escaped her eyes. "Ang galing mo magpaiyak e no? H'wag kang ganyan. Hindi naman tayo sasabak sa Hunger games." Natawa naman ako sa huli niyang sinabi. 

This girl. 

Niyakap niya ako and I hugged her back. It's so nice to be able to work with your frenemy. It made us build some sort of unity whenever it comes to battles like this. Ang saya lang, na andiyan sila sa'yo kahit may dark past kayo.