-Chapter 4-

I awoke.

"Thank god, it was just a dream." My hand was on my chest as I sighed in relief.

I eyed the bookshelf from where I was sitting. The book was gone.

Without hesitation, I got up from the table and went over to the bookshelf to get a closer look.

It was gone. 'Maybe it had to do with the dream?' I wondered, rubbing my eyes in disbelief.

I closed my eyes and opened them again, hoping to see the book, but it wasn't there.

"That's it. I'm officially going crazy." I laughed, holding my head.

Someone once otd me that crazy people don't know they are going insane. I'm pretty sure that statement is incorrect. Actually, I'm positive.

"I need answers. This is ridiculous." I thought out loud, checking the clock on the grey wall.

10:00...

Since I have blinds I wasn't sure if it was 10 in the morning or 10 at night. I peered through the window but immediately backed away from the intense light.

"Yeah... for sure the morning." I mumbled, putting the blinds back in their place.

I recently got fired from the gas station, because i was writing on the job so I had a lot of free time today to figure out what's going on with this book.

Before leaving my apartment, I tugged my raggy coat, which I had purchased 5 years ago off of the coat hanger in a nearby closet.

I hurriedly put it on, not bothering to zip it up.

While walking down the sidewalks, I couldn't help but stop in my tracks and stare. The streets were beautiful. The trees dotted either side of me. Their leaves were bright colors of red, yellow, and orange. One of the bright colored substances slapped me across the face. I smiled. I watched them skid by, rolling across the road.

Something about the leaves intrigued me. They seemed to be at peace with themselves. Not a care in the world. Even though they were technically dead, that fact didn't seem to faze me.

"Well, that detail is going in my next book for sure." I laughed slightly, as I shook my head and continued to walk.

My thoughts then wandered back to my dream. I of course knew that it was just a dream, but it was a very strange one. It's not everyday you dream about weird looking princesses who have big attitudes.

I've been told that dreams usually mean something, or it's just what you were thinking of before you went to sleep. I'm pretty positive that I wasn't thinking about that specific subject before I went to sleep. So could the dream mean something?

My thought got interrupted when I approached the library. There was a 'closed' sign hanging on the door. I took a closer look at the sign for the hours.

"Today is Sunday. They should be open." I groaned, rubbing my temples.

I cupped my hands around my eyes and pressed my face against the cold glass of the door.

That's when the tantrum started.

I spotted Mrs. Bru sitting at her dust covered desk. She was laughing, her face buried in a book.

I pulled away from the door while feeling blood rushing to my face. Without thinking, my hand reached out to the door knob, trying to open it. It was locked.

'She's trying to ignore me.' I thought to myself as my fists clenched by my side.

In one swift movement, I slammed my entire body against the door.