-Chapter 8-

-Still Elliot's Point of View-

"That was... Interesting." I laughed slightly as I opened up my laptop.

Today was Monday, a school day, so I couldn't hang out with Alith. Since I couldn't do so, I wanted to write but my thoughts distracted me.

I opened up a google doc and just stared at as I thought about the deal I had made.

It would be no problem teaching Raelynn how to advance her writing, it was just her arranged marriage that I was concerned about. I was very unsure how to deal with that issue without getting murdered, executed, or severely punished. This was a dead end road, but maybe Raelynn had an idea? Hopefully that was the case, or else both of us would be screwed.

"This would actually make a great story." I smiled in triumph as I started to type out an outline. The great thing about this idea was that no one would know that it actually happened. Well, except for those people that are crazy theorists.

Multiple hours later, I finished my outline.

"Whose point of view should it be in? Raelynn's perhaps? That would be interesting." I bounced ideas off of myself.

I sighed and got up from my chair. My body needed a nap That and I wanted to know what would happen next. So, I did what any normal person would do. I collapsed on the ground.

It was only a matter of minutes before I saw black.

"Okay, so do you have a plan for the arranged marriage part of the deal?" I asked, hoping that she did.

"Umm..." she replied, uncomfortably, "I was hoping you had an idea?"

I sighed and shook my head, "I have no idea."

Raelynn rubbed her temples and thought for a moment.

"Okay, I'm supposed to be having dinner with my family and the guy I'm supposed to be marrying tonight so... Maybe you can be there to make sure things don't get out of hand. Maybe change the subject if they start to talk about the marriage, oh and of course learn what you will be dealing with." She suggested.

I nodded. It seemed like a good enough idea, what could possibly go wrong?

"Sounds good, I'll be there. But what's the story behind me being here then?" I asked.

"Like I said earlier, you are a fellow writer that I met at the village library. You also work as an apprentice there." The way she said it make it sound like she had been rehearsing it.

"Wow, that actually might work." I responded as Raelynn smirked.

"Of course it's going to work. I did personally plan it after all."

*******************************************************************

I had been teaching Raelynn writing advancements all day while we were awaiting dinner.
Raelynn looked across the room out the window. The orange color of the sun was sinking into the horizon. "We should probably go to dinner now," she announces, "but before we do, I have to warn you about my uncle and my brother. Whatever you do, do not mess around with them or you will die in your sleep."

"Oh yay, execution!" I fake cheered.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to survive through these series of dreams. It seems like if I make one puny human mistake, I will be slaughtered. I suppose it could have been worse. I could've dreamed that I was a jew in the holocaust, so I guess I'm thankful for that. Even if I were to die in this dream, will I just wake up or will I actually die? There's no sure answer. I'll have to figure that one out on my own.