-Chapter 13-

-The Alith Chapter pt. 3-

                                                                               -Alith's Point of View-

Elliot and I had been walking for about a day and a half now. I could already feel my feet aching every time I took a step.

We had just got out of Providence a few hours ago, we were basically in the middle of no where, and I really had no idea where we were at.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I had sweat stains under my shirt due to the intense heat.

On top of all that, Elliot was in a mood. I wasn't sure if he was mad, sad, hungry or everything in between. It all started when he woke up this morning. He probably had a bad dream or something. Perhaps another one about that girl.

Another thing I didn't get.... Who exactly is this girl? Sure, Elliot told me the whole story about Raelynn, but I still don't get it. I mean, it's not everyday that your best friend has a dream about a girl that he is sure exists. I'm not sure why I even believe him about this. I guess I just got a weird feeling in my gut that he was right. Yeah, I guess you could say that I was insane for thinking that.

I sighed before saying, "Elliot, are you okay?" I winced when I realized that my voice came out higher than usual.

In response, he looked at me with a look at a confusion before quickening his pace.

I started to pick up my own pace as well and threw my arm around Elliot's shoulders. "C'mon dude, just tell me what's troubling you." I begged.

"I-I didn't have a dream last night." his voice trembled, "What if I never have another one? And what if we don't find find Raelynn? I'll never see her again. She was-" he stopped talking mid-sentence

I said nothing. Raelynn seemed to be important to him. Probably more important than me. Not that I blame him. They seem to have a lot in common. Both writers, unlike me. I hate writing and I'm terrible at it too. The only time I do any writing, is in school. Last time I chose to do so, I was 6 years old. So I'm not that surprised that Elliot prefers her over me. It's fine.

"It's fine, dude. We'll find her, I promise." I smiled lightly.

"Are you sure?" Elliot asked rawly, staring at me as we continued to walk.

"Hey.... I'm positive." I lied straight through my teeth, shooting him a bright smile. Honestly, I'm not even sure that this Raelynn girl is even still alive... Even if she is dead, we have to find her. It doesn't matter either way. I promised. I can't just break a promise, no matter how stupid I acted when I made it.

All of a sudden, my breathing slowed to a sharp stop. My body seemed to not be able to move. I glanced over at Elliot who seemed to also be having the same problem. When his eyes met mine, I could feel the anxiousness coming from him. Literally. It was like his emotions were being switched to my body in an electrified shock.

I shivered as goosebumps crawled up my legs onto my arms. This puzzled me since I never get goosebumps due to a strange kind of hormone that I have in my body. It's not really a hormone, more like genetics I guess. It's complicated.

"You're going the wrong way, you idiots." a crude female voice stated, obviously unimpressed. Wait, was that a... British accent?

"Where are we supposed to be heading then? I don't get it." I managed to get out. In response, the voice let out a stutter of unknown syllables.