Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"Your majesty," both Ace and the soldier said bowing their head in respect.

"Answer the question!" my brother said pronouncing each work carefully. He slowly stepped forward towards me. His eyes turned slightly black when he saw my body hanging off the ground.

"We are just trying to find out the witches plan to destroy the kingdom," Ace said with confidence.

"Let her go," my brother commanded.

"We can't your majesty, king's orders," the soldier said for the first time since my brother arrived. I looked over to my brother waiting for him to respond but he kept quiet. All of them were quiet except the witch who was still chanting the same words again and again.

I feel the pain on my neck become worse. My neck stings from the burning sensation. I try to move my body but it is all a waste of energy. I look towards my brother looking at the entrance of the cell as if he is expecting someone.

 Before I could think any further the burning sensation tightened around my neck I struggled to breathe. I let out a hissing sound which made everybody turn their heads towards me. I tried to move my body but I was just wasting my energy. The burning sensation tightened around my neck which made me hiss in pain again. 

Everybody continued to look at me. I looked at all of their faces. The soldier had a stone hard face that did not show any emotion but I knew deep inside he had some emotion that he was just keeping bottled up. Then there was my brother who is looking worried. His face creased with many lines. I then looked at Ace who has unreadable emotion. His eyes became slightly darker but immediately they turned back to their normal colour, red. I felt myself sweating from all the heat. I heard a faint sound of footsteps but ignore them as the pain worsened.

 "Your majesty," I heard the soldier and Ace said. I tried to look at the person that has entered the cell but all I could see was mist. I turned my eyes to look at my brother but the mist had taken over the whole cell. I wanted to open my mouth and shout for help but something binds my mouth from opening. I felt like I was frozen in time.

"What are you doing dad?" I heard my brother ask. I blinked my eyes rapidly as I tried to see the new person but I still only saw the mist.

"I am trying to save the kingdom from the malicious witches!" I heard someone say harshly.

"Arielle is not a malicious witch! She is your daughter!" my brother argued. 

"I see that those malicious witches have cast a spell on you too."

"They did not cast a spell on me!"

"It must have been a strong spell to make you argue back to me."

"First of all the witches did not cast a spell on me," my brother said, "second of all you might not admit it but I know deep inside that you still have hope that Ariel is alive. Just because mum died doesn't mean you have to be so mean to everybody including your family. If mom was alive you and I both know whose side she would have chosen."

There was silence. Even the witch had stopped chanting. The only sound I could hear is my heavy breathing. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain hit my head. I tried to open my mouth to scream but my mouth does not budge. I pulled at my arms to break free but nothing happens. I tried the same with my feet but get the same result. I closed my eyes to try gain some energy back.

"Arielle," my brother asked me softly. 

"Arielle!" my brother said little more loudly.

"What is happening to her?" Ace asked quietly.

"Her senses are shutting down," my brother's dad whispered. A sudden urge of panic ran through my body. I felt butterflies enter my stomach. I will never give up!  I repeat those words over to myself, as I tried to distract myself from the sick feeling in my stomach.

"What? Do something!" my brother said in a panicked voice.

"No! Not until she says what the witches are planning."

"Fine if you are not going to I will do it," my brother whispered. Even though my hearing is not so great I can still hear the determination in his voice.

"Why can you not see that I am trying to help you and the entire kingdom? Listen, I know that it has been hard to know that your sister was killed before you could even know her but you have to move on. You are a prince! You can't be seen mourning over your dead sister. Even if you did not know her and she did not know you, she would want you to be happy," my brother's dad said, "Just like your mother."

"Have you moved on?" my brother asked softly, "Well have you, dad?"

"I have," my brother's dad whispered gruffly. Again an unsettling silence filled the cell. I heard a faint movement of feet before I felt a slap to my face.

"What are you doing?" Ace asked.

"I am helping my sister," my brother says emphasizing on my.

I felt my bare skin scrape slightly as I fell from the wall. Before my feet could hit the ground somebody caught me. the person carried me bridal style to the bed. I sensed myself being lowered onto the bed.

"Are you okay?" I heard my brother's concerned voice asked me. I was too scared to say anything, afraid that if I did I would be back to hanging by the wall.

"What did you do to her?" my brother said angrily. I heard the sound of a fist hitting something.

"Her body is trying to recover," the person said. I felt a sudden bolt of energy.

I opened my eyes ready to see the light brown eyes of my brother but I all I saw was grey. I kept staring into them even though my subconscious is telling me to look away. As I stared into them I saw that there is a lot of sadness but something else was overpowering it. Anger.

"What is going on here?" suddenly a new person asked.

-----------------------------------

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all the reads! 6,628 reads!

Thanks for all the people following me! 30 more followers in 2 days! 

145 votes! Thank you so much! 

Vote goal- 10                 Or              Update- July 7 -  July 11

 Who do you think the person interrupted is? Who do you think the grey eyes belonged to?

Love to hear your thoughts!

Dedication - xoxo_rogue_xoxo

Not Edited!

Vote

Comment

Follow

ttbmbff