Chapter 34

Not edited, please point out any mistakes!

Chapter 34

"I want you to tell me the truth," I said, slowly as I walked over to the desk the older man was sitting on.

"The truth," the older man said twirling a pen in his hand. He laughed out loud; all of us stared at him. He scraped his chair loudly against the floor; he stood up and walked to the front of the desk. He leaned on the desk and hums softly.

"Where to start? Tell me how much do you know?" the older man said looking over at me.

"How much do I know? Really, well I will tell you how much I know. I know that your wife, my mother died from two bullets while she was entering the safe room," I said looking the king straight in the eye.

The king's eyes widened at what I had said. He muttered something under his breath and walked back around his desk and took a seat in his white, leather chair.

"How do you know this?" the older asked, looking at me with a tired expression.

"I just had a dream that involved two people. I didn't know who it was, and then I recognized your voice and eventually your face. You were hurrying to see your wife and children. Your thoughts were filled with hatred to the intruders because they took your child."

I took in big intake of breath. I looked around the room to see everybody has a shocked look on their face. Suddenly I heard a crash of glass. I turned my head wildly towards it to see the older man has a broken a glass. I noticed a rush of blood seeping out of the cuts that the glass has made.

"You should take care of that," I said nodding towards his hand.

The older man grunted loudly and walked over to the bin. He carefully but skilfully took out the glass from his hand. The blood slowly ran down his hand onto the bin in thick drops.

He grabbed a cloth from a wooden cupboard beside the bin. The older man slowly wiped it and threw the cloth in the bin. He sighed loudly and walked back over.

"When you stayed with the witches, did they give you something unusual? It could be the way it looks or the way it tasted? Do you remember anything?" I closed my eyes and try to think of my stay with the witches. Everything they did and who they did those things was different what you normally did.

"There was this one time," I started to say. I hesitated slightly not finding the right words. "The witches gave me a small black square, it was hard when I bit into it," I said trailing off as I try to remember it. I feel Ace take my cool hand into his warm on. He lightly squeezed it, for encouragement.

"The taste was horrible, it was bitter and sour. The witches said that it was a family recipe," I paused for a second to remember what the witches had told me, "They said I had to have it. It was supposed to be good for you in some way. When I told them I didn't want it, they became very angry and the man said something under his breath. He was muttering under his breath something rapidly. Both the man and the woman's eyes turned slightly. I cannot remember which colour but I know they changed."

"Now that was some useful information," the older man said leaning back into the chair that he was sitting on. "Now let me tell you everything that you need to know. Your name is not Arielle it is Ariel. I am your father, your mother well you know what happened to her. She died when you were three years old. Romulus is your oldest brother; he is six years older than you. Zavion is your older twin. I am the king of the hybrids, you are a hybrid blood." the man stopped for a second, regaining his breath.

"Romulus has already become a full hybrid where areas you and Zavion have one more month until you are full hybrid blood. There is a whole ritual to become hybrid blood; you don't just become such a powerful creature. Once you change you cannot come near anybody that is not hybrid blood because you will attack them. What are your questions?" the older man asks sensing that I wanted to ask him a lot of questions.

"What do you mean by there is a ritual that I have to go through with?" I asked, suddenly curious to what he was talking about.

"That ritual is a long process and I will tell you afterward but for now ask me all your questions." The moment he said that I immediately asked him another question.

"What is hybrid blood?" I tilted my head to the side and looked at Ace. As if he knew I was staring at him, Ace turned his head to look at me. He red eyes stared deeply into mine.

A small smirk came onto his face and I could not help but let a small smile onto my face.

"A hybrid blood is blood from all the supernatural creatures in one body. Our family lineage has had hybrid blood for centuries and it will continue for more. A normal hybrid has only two or three supernatural blood in their body. As hybrid blood has a bit of all the supernatural creatures, they are not as strong as the ones that are not hybrid. But because of the mixture of blood, we develop new powers and strength of our own."

My father picked up the jug of water on the table and poured it into a glass. As he took a big gulp of water I notice the stress lines on his forehead. Even though I didn't know him for long, and we hadn't been polite to each other every single time, I still felt a slight worry.

I felt like I need to know him more, I felt like I needed to make up all the years I had missed with him, I felt like he was the only one that could tell me about my mother.

"What do you mean by I cannot come near anybody that is not hybrid blood?" I finally asked as I watched my father put the glass of water down and fold his arms on the table.

"You are developing new strengths, which you don't know how to control therefore you will be destroying a lot of things and if you are near somebody that is not hybrid blood then they will get really hurt because of the amount of force you hit them with. Sometimes hundreds of people die from one hybrid blood. If you cannot learn to control your strength when you get them, you will never be able to control them, which is quite sad as not only will be destroying your life but others too. Any other questions?"

"Why do you act so cold and distant?" I heard sharp intakes of breath from everybody. I looked around the room to see that everybody's eyes were wide with shock.

Everybody stared at me as if I asked something I shouldn't have. I turned my head back to my father who was standing up by the desk and staring at me. I felt Ace put his arm around my waist protectively.

I turned my head towards him, to see him guarding my father's every move. The room suddenly filled with tension and I slightly squirmed around in Ace's arm, uncomfortable with the way everything had changed so quickly.

"I guess I owe an explanation to not only you but to everybody here," my father said.

*_____________________*

Hi everyone!

I am so sorry for the long wait! Hope this chapter made up for it!

Thank you so much for the 15,284 reads and 540 votes! I really appreciate it! Thank you so much!

What did you think of this chapter?

What did you think of all the confessions?

What do you think of Ace's new gestures?

What do you think will happen in the next chapter? What do you the king is going to say?

What song goes with this chapter?

Dedication to FranziskaHoffmann for all her votes and comments!

Vote goal - 10

Check out my other book room(mate)!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF