If the rain could speak

They say rain is the tears of Mother Earth

Hated by most of the city people the rain would drip down on them every so often.
Drip... drip... drip...
The cars would drive by and splash the pedestrians.
Kids would sing
"Rain, rain go away, come again some other day."

"Why me?" Cried rain. "Why is that when I fall from the sky, I am never appreciated?"
The rain would burst into tears, the city was covered in rain, and the civilians would then again be ungrateful.

"This will be the last time I shed a tear" said the rain, "this will be the last of me."
The rain gave up the crying and could no longer fall from the sky, "There is  just nothing left in me".

Days went by without the rain. The kids were happy playing outside, the sun was shining bright in the sky and not a single cloud to cover. It seemed like the city was just happier without the rain.

Weeks started to go by, and the kids were confused
"Where has the rain gone?", " Why has it left us"

The rain could hear the kids complain about the dry weather, but still did not care.

Finally months went by, the people have began to worry about rain.
"Where has rain gone?"
"My flowers cannot grow without rain!"

The people tried to convince rain to come down , but the rain would not fall. They knew the only way for rain to come down, was for them to show they are grateful. The people were desperate for the rain to fall.

So, the people tried all they could to show that they were grateful or rain. They sung songs, and danced.

Upon hearing the people, rain heard the beats and sounds. Rain was overwhelmed with happiness and from tears of joy, the rain started to pour.

The kids and the people became grateful for the rainfall as it made the plants grow, and city alive.