34

"Did you get the streamers?"

"Yes"

"Ice cream?"

"Yes"

"Presents? Oh please tell me you didn't forget the presents"

"If you just finished looking in the bags, you could see that I didn't forget anything"

"Where are the sprinkles?"

".....Except that apparently"

"Jaebum! How could you forget the sprinkles!"

"You had a million things on that list, Jinyoung, of course I would forget one of them"

"Eight, I had eight things on that list, Jaebum, and you only got seven!"

"It's just sprinkles, Jinyoung it's not the end of the world. How are the cupcakes coming?"

"They were going great until I found out you forgot the sprinkles"

"Jesus, I'll text Yugyeom and see if he can pick some up, if it will make you happy"

"No, I'll text him, I bet you don't even remember what kind I wanted you to get"

"Okay, Jinyoungie, I'm just gonna help Jackson put the streamers up, okay?" Jaebum kisses his cheek, taking the bag of streamers downstairs to Jackson so they can set them up in the TV room.

The timer goes off and Jinyoung pulls more cupcakes out of the oven. He taps them out of the tray onto the rack to cool so he can finish the frosting. When the frosting is done he leans back on the counter and pulls out his phone to text Yugyeom.

He has exactly six contacts in his phone, not even enough to have to scroll, so Yugyeom is right there, under Jackson, and above... Mark. He hovers over Marks name, before swiftly clicking Yugyeom's to ask for the sprinkles.

"Jinyoung! Come look at this!" Jackson shouts and Jinyoung checks the timer before heading down.

"Oh my god" Jinyoung's mouth falls open when he sees the blue and yellow streamers strewn across the ceiling and a navy tablecloth on the coffee table with various drinks and a few plates of food set out with the cupcake stand already put out in the center.

"Oh no no no, don't cry, don't cry, this was disposed to make you happy" Jackson runs to him, wiping the tears away from his eyes.

"I am happy, you guys did so well" Jinyoung sobs but he's smiling, it's the first birthday party they have had since they were actually able to afford them. Weird, isn't it? How before they had the money, birthdays were special days, they ate cake and sang and spent the whole night huddled on the same mattress, or piece of cardboard, wherever they were staying, and now that they have the money, they never celebrate them.

"I'm glad you like it, but don't cry, we still need to decorate the cupcakes" Jaebum whispers into his ear wrapping his arms around Jinyoung to hug the three of them together.

Yugyeom comes home and they decorate the cupcakes, with the pearl sprinkles Jinyoung wanted to go with his baby blue frosting.

After that, they bring the cupcakes down and set them on the display. It's a tower, with a grand cupcake on the top sporting two candles that say 18. BamBam has two more days before he officially turns 18 and Youngjae turned 18 two days ago. Jinyoung wanted the party to be right in the middle.