His Mission

ID: King, Austin

Status: Unstable, Unpredictable

Location: ???

Date and Time: September 10th, Unspecified

------------------------------------------------------------

They were cowards for running. After Austin had shot Noah in the heart, the pink-haired girl acted out of pure emotion without true thought. Noah stood in shock before collapsing to the ground. 

Austin told the gang to hold fire and retreat since their job was finished. Their only objective was to kill Noah and return to base so Austin could finish his transformation. 

Before Austin could retrieve Noah's body, one of the other girls distracted him and took off, leaving him in the dust. The rest of the gang came from the house and stood beside him. 

"Why aren't we going after them!?" Chase exclaimed, looking at Austin with wide eyes. "Kronos wants his body, remember?" 

To his surprise, Austin shook his head. "He's not dead." 

Chase furrowed his eyebrows. "How the hell isn't he dead? He took a direct shot to one of his most vital organs, right?" 

He nodded, letting the power subside in him. "He is protected by the angel of a beautiful present. He won't let his body die that easily, especially when the universe is hanging in balance. Noah needs his team as much as they need him." 

"What do you mean?" Roman asked as police sirens could be heard in the distance. 

Austin shook his head as his hands started to glow. "He's stronger than he looks. If he can put up a fight with my power, then he is someone we must take further into consideration the next time we meet." 

With that, Austin and his group huddled close as they vanished into thin air as soon as the police vehicles pulled onto the street.

----------------------------------------------

ID: Whitfield, Noah

Status: Major Injuries, Dazed

Location: Northshore Hospital, Portage Park, IL

Date and Time: September 10th, 6:40 pm

-----------------------------------------------

My eyes fluttered open as I woke up in a hospital bed with the blankets draped over me. Immediately I felt a throbbing sensation in my chest, and my head hurt along with it. 

Memories of the encounter came to mind, and the throbbing was replaced with fear as I frantically looked around the room. The first face that I saw was Natsuki, who was leaning in the chair. We made eye contact as quickly as she came out of the chair to tackle me into a hug. Chaos ensued at that point.

"Noah!" 

"Careful, Natsuki!" 

"Are you okay!?" 

"How are you doing?" 

"Dude, are you okay?" 

I chuckled and waved my hand. "I'm okay, guys. I'm just-" 

I suddenly started coughing to the point that I felt liquid come out of my mouth. A nurse came in and saw that I was sitting up in bed. She rushed over and offered me a drink of water, which I accepted. 

"How are you feeling?" the nurse asked. "You've been out for quite a while." 

I frowned. "How long have I been out?"