Dancing with an Angel

ID: Whitfield, Noah

Status: Moderate Injuries, Determined 

Current Location: Northshore Hospital, Portage Park, IL

Date and Time: September 11th, 2:50 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up on the white platform, but something was different. No, Kronos wasn't in this one. It was the fact that I was lying face-first into the platform. 

Standing up, I looked around and took in the calmness of the scenery. For the first time in a while, it was truly quiet. It felt like I could let go of the stress that was going through my mind and heart. 

Maricana appeared in front of me, and I greeted her with a smile. "It's nice to see you here and not the guy that's threatening to take over the universe." 

She lowered herself onto the platform and sat down in front of me, to which I did the same. "That was an illusion. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I tried to stop it, but Kronos's power overwhelmed mine." 

I frowned. "Is he that powerful?" 

Maricana sighed. "I could've stopped him, but his power is one that quickly becomes stronger through time." 

"What do you mean?" 

"What I'm trying to say is that you might need help from my other sisters to defeat him," she said, looking at me seriously. "My power should still be enough to defeat Austin with a portion of Kronos's power, but Kronos himself is an extremely powerful being. " 

I sighed. "If that's what it takes, then I'm willing to do it." 

"There's one thing that I forgot to mention," she said, looking away. "With that much power, many things can happen to your mind and body." 

"Like what?" 

She pursed her lips and looked at me. I could tell that she didn't want to describe what she was about to say. "Your body could be destroyed if too much power is in your body at once. You could become addicted to the feeling of being one of the most powerful beings in the entire universe, just like Austin has. However, I have faith that you won't let that happen." 

I nodded, but a pit of nervousness swelled inside of me. "I'm definitely more concerned about the first thing you mentioned. Are you talking about both Odysseus and Crystalline?" 

"Yes," Maricana said with a nod. "I believe that it will be necessary to be able to defeat Kronos, but you must keep in mind the possibilities that can happen with this much power in a human's body and soul." 

"Let's save it until it's necessary," I said. "If it's as dangerous as you're making it out to be, then I'll try my best to defeat Austin with only your power. With Kronos...we'll have to see where it goes." 

Maricana exhaled. "I think that's the best option. Thank you for being so willing to do all of this for us." 

"Well, there's nothing I wouldn't do for my favorite angel," I said with a smile. "Besides, the fate of the universe is at stake." 

I was going to say more, but Maricana's eyes widened and a large blush came across her cheeks. "I-Uh-Well, I'm g-glad that-" 

I suddenly stood up and offered her a hand. With hesitance, she accepted it and I pulled her to her feet. I took her hands and placed them on the back of my neck before grabbing her hips and pulling her closer to me. 

Maricana's blush was huge now. "N-Noah, what are you doing?" 

I started to sway, guiding her hips with me. "Have you ever danced with a mortal before, Maricana?"