Chapter 1 (Part 7) - {Lucas} - The Invitation

[Author's Note; This chapter has not been edited so I apologise in advance for any mistakes made and if you spot any just point them out. This is the last chapter for Lucas Bell (for now). So from here on out the rest will be from the rest of TheHiddenDiamonds. PLEASE EJOY! READ! COMMENT! VOTE!]

It was the girl that was used to find out whether I was ‘gifted’. There were photos of her and her family, in frames all around the room. I felt dizzy, had I really just broke into another ‘gifted’ kids house? I questioned myself as I collapsed onto the comfy bed in the middle of the room. My head began pounding as it absorbed all the information that surrounded me, I rolled onto my side and fell asleep immediately.

I stayed in the house for the passing week as I caught up on modern times and began collecting supplies for the road (or the bush, wherever I was going). I found the main bedroom and pulled on a clean lavender polo shirt and a pair of blue denim jeans, I checked out the unsuit and conveniently found bleach and brown hair dye in the cupboards.

I bleached my hair first (which was excruciatingly painful) and then moved straight to the dye. I jumped into the warm running shower and rinsed out the excess dye, when I came out of the shower I saw my new brown hair and fell in love with it. It reminded me of when I was little and my hair was naturally like that, it reminded me of home.

I had stayed up all night making a plan for my near future as I decided to leave the ‘borrowed’ house in the morning.

It was nine in the morning and I had only had forty minutes sleep. I threw on a leather jacket and a motorbike helmet and made my way to the garage, hoping there was a motorbike hidden in there and if not then these people where crazy for having a useless helmet.

I found a button attached to a hook near the front door, when I was directly in front of the garage door I pressed it and the door came to life as it rolled open. The opened door revealed the hidden possessions that were stashed away in the garage, I saw exactly what I wanted to see. A rose red motorbike with a black leather seat and black handlebars, it was my dream form of transport. I jumped on and made myself comfortable on the amazing leather, it was truly a dream. I did have a few motorbike lessons back in Lauraville, before all this crazy stuff happened to me. Months ago, I would have never imagined that I would have witnessed flying tarot cards, my parents would die, I started seeing spirits and I would go on the run from the PBC. Knowing me I probably didn’t really care about what would happen in the future but that’s all changed now.

I put the keys in the ignition and the engine roared with power as I rode out of the driveway and onto the empty road. I didn’t know where I was going, I was just going wherever my heart led me which happened to be west. I rode through towns and villages until I came to the largest one on the map. It was named; Daniel Peak. It was built on the top of the hill and was named after Daniel Smith (the killer of Damian Smith, his brother), it is said to signify the ridding of the powerful and stepping into a new era. This town hated ‘gifted’ people and were the main contributes to the PBC, I guess subconsciously I thought that if I were here no one would suspect my ability. I drove through the main gate where I saw many people walking around and being busy in a variety of ways, I walked over to the information desk and asked the lady, "What are all these people doing?"

She looked at me with disbelief as she looked around. I followed her consistently moving glare as it went from left and right and then brought it back to me, I didn’t know what was happening until she said, "There is no one here love."

"Sure there is"

"No there really isn’t, are you feeling okay?" she asked in reply as she came out from behind the information desk and grabbed at my hand. I jolted with surprise when she started dragging me through the ‘official’ entry, she took me straight to one of the doctors where I sat impatiently awaiting service. I had nothing to do but think about what it was that I saw at the entrance of this crazy town, where all those people really spirits? I thought and agreed that it was the only logical explanation. I sat on a very uncomfortable fabric seat for half-an-hour until a scrawny looking doctor came out of her office with a child that was crying. I instantly had second thought about not running out of the doctors but by the time I had finished mentally debating, it was too late. The doctor took me by the arm and dragged me into her private surgery.