Trouble

"What Did I specifically tell you, May?" My mother asked.

"Not to get knocked up by a twenty year old." I said.

"Not to get knocked up at all... that includes kissing Pete."

"But..."

"No buts, May... What we're you thinking?"

"She didn't do anything... Pete kissed her." Hailee put a hand on her hip and stared with an evil smile at me.

"Pete kissed you!?" my mom asked.

I nodded. "Because Hailee was flirting with him!" I said.

"You WHAT!?" My mom looked at Hailee.

"I was not! As if I'd flirt with the likes of him." she said.

"Then why'd you ask for help on homework that he'd be good at?" I asked.

"Hailee!"

Hailee glared at me.

"If you needed help then why couldn't you ask me or your father? You know we don't want you in your room alone with an older man." my mom said.

"Then why does she get to be!"

"A) he's not older! B) I'm not alone! Patrick and Joe are there too!" I said.

"He is older." My mom insisted.

"By five years." I said as she stood up.

"I don't care! I don't want you kissing him or holding hands, OR dating him!"

"Got it!" I said, racing back up the stairs.

"What happened!? Are you okay!? Are you dead? Are you a ghost!?" Joe bombarded me as I walked through my bedroom door and talked quickly.

"Yes, yes, no and no!" I said, lying on my bed and resting my head on Pete's stomach.

He was back to tweeting selfies.

"Stop taking pictures of yourself!" I said, hitting the back of the phone and making it fall out of his hands onto his face.

"HEY!" He cried.

I laughed. "Hey, Patrick's been really quiet..." I looked over to Patrick who had his head bent over a notebook. "Trick?" I asked.

He didn't move.

"Trick!?" I said a little louder.

He still didn't move.

I jumped up and poked him.

He pulled out his earbuds and looked at me. "What's up?" he asked.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked.

He smiled, "Just... you know... writing..." he said shyly.

"AYE, Tricks acting shy! This must be good!" I shouted, reaching for the notebook.

He pulled it away from me. "Nuh-uh... it's mine..." he said.

"C'mon, Trick!" Pete said, grabbing the notebook when Patrick wasn't looking. He read it silently then looked at Patrick. "Dude, you wrote this?" Pete asked, flipping through the pages of the book.

Patrick blushed and looked down. "Yeah..." he said quietly.

"This is amazing!" he said, showing me the page.

(imagine Dead On Arrival lyrics.)

"No it's not..." Patrick said, snatching the book back.