Four Weeks Later

"Hey, May!" Andy walked through my front door, a smiley Pete bouncing behind him.

"Hey, guys... Yeah, Sure... c'mon in!" I said sarcastically.

"Good, cuz it was freezing as heck out there!" Pete whined, shoving his hands into his hoodie pocket.

I laughed.

"May?" My mother walked out of the living room and looked at me, then Andy and Pete. "Who are they?"

"These are my friends, Pete and Andy..." I said.

"And Joe and Patrick!" Joe pushed the door open.

My mom laughed. "Hello, Joe and Patrick! And May, why are you hanging around with grown men?"

"I'm not... I'm hanging out with Pete and Andy... and of course Joe and Patrick."

"How old are you guys?" My mom looked at Pete and Andy.

"20." Pete said.

"19." Andy said.

"20 and 19!? MAYBELLEAN FREDERICKS!"

I looked down. "What?" I pushed the guys upstairs.

"I don't want grandchildren when you're fifteen, Missy!" I heard my mother call. "Especially when the dad's twenty!"

I groaned and looked down. "MOM!" I yelled.

The others fell on the ground laughing.

I kicked them wherever I could. "Shut up! Stop laughing cuz it's not funny!" I hissed.

"It kinda is..." Joe wheezed.

"Keep laughing and y'all are gonna be in pain! And that's not a threat, it's a promise." I said. I walked past them to my room.

The stood up and followed me.

"Hey, don't be mad because you're embarrassed to admit you want me!" Pete said.

"I'm not... I'm mad that my mom thinks that you'll get me knocked up." I said, flopping down on my bed.

"So what do we do?" Andy asked, changing the subject.

"I have homework." I said, flipping over on my stomach so I can pick up my bag from the side of the bed.

"Same." Joe and Patrick said in unison, flinging their bags off their shoulders.

So within five minutes, I was lying on my stomach on my bed, doing my homework on Pete who had decided to block my bed space I was using to do my homework.

"Pete... I need help." I whined.

"With?" he asked, not looking away from his phone screen. He was on Twitter, tweeting selfies.

Andy was reading a comic book.

Joe and Patrick were on either side of the bed doing homework.

"My English..." I batted my eyelashes at him.

He laughed. "Sorry, sweetheart... I don't do English." he said.

"Liar!" I hissed, lightly smacking his stomach.

He laughed again. "What's the problem?" he asked, tossing his phone across the room.

"What's a verb?" I asked.

He propped himself up on his elbows and looked at me. "Really?"

I nodded. "I've never been good with naming the kind of word." I said, rolling over onto my side and resting my head on his bat tattoo.

He stared at me for a minute, studying my face. Then he laid back down. "Shit!" he cussed, searching the bed for his phone. Then he saw it right in front of my bedroom door. "What the..."

"May..." Hailee opened the door, cutting Pete off and causing his phone to skid and hit the wall.

"NO!" Pete jumped up and grabbed his phone. "You're evil!" Pete whimpered, cradling his phone.

I rolled my eyes as he took his spot. "What is it, Hailee?"

"Mom sent me up to check to make sure you weren't making babies."

The guys started laughing again.

I kicked Joe and Patrick in the head. And I wasn't careful with where I put my elbows when I moved over Pete to hit Andy in the head.

"Ow, geez! Hey! Watch the elbows!" Pete cried.

"Ow!" The others cried.

I laughed. Then realized Hailee was still in my room. "What?" I asked.

"I need help on my homework." she said, leaning against the door frame. She was looking at Pete, who had an extremely uncomfortable look on his face.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Whatever he specializes in..." she pointed to Pete.

"Hailee, he's twenty. You're barley 13!" I said.

She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Pete?"

"Hmm? Oh... uh... you're not exactly my type..."

"Oh? And what's your type?" Hailee put her hands on her hips.

Pete glanced at me out of the corner of his eyes. Then an evil smile crossed his face. He pulled my face to his and kissed me.

There was an eruption of "OOH!"s and a single gasp.

"MOM!" Hailee ran out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

There was a pause in which I started hitting Pete repetitively. "YOU JERK!" I hissed, hitting and punching and doing anything else that can cause physical damage. "You perverted jerk!"

"OW! OW! OW! Stop, May! OW! Stop it! No!... DON'T!" I kneed him.

"Don't kiss me!"

"Sorry!" he put up his hands in defence.

"You perverted jerk! You got me..."
"MAYBELLEAN! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!" my mother's voice was furious.

I gave Pete a death glare as I stood up.

He looked scared as he curled up farther away from me.

I shook my head and made my journey down the stairs into the kitchen where my mom was sat working on a crossword puzzle.