Joe

"Hey, thanks for standing up for me back there." Patrick said quietly as we walked down the hall to our first classes.

"No problem, Blake's a jerk... I'm sorry He treated you like that..." I said.

"Its not your fault..." he said, looking at me.

"I know, I just feel bad... I can't believe I dated him." I grasped my arm and looked away.

"Hey, uh... what class do you have first?" Patrick asked quickly in an obvious attempt to change the subject.

"Geometry." I said, looking at the crumpled paper in my hand that's supposed to be my schedule.

He laughed. "Same..."

"Sweet! I don't have to suffer through this class alone!" I said.

"Oh my God, it's true!" I heard another familiar voice behind me yell.

I rolled my eyes and looked over my shoulder. "What now, Hailee?" I asked as my sister walked up to Patrick and I.

She gave Patrick a disgusted look before hugging me. "I'm so proud of you!" she squealed.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, pushing her off of me.

"You broke up with Blake!" she said, standing up straighter and placing her hands on her hips. She tapped her foot impatiently.

"Yeah...?" I said. "And you marched all the way over here to the high school part of campus to give me a hug and tell me how proud you are!?"

"Hey, be glad I'm actually acknowledging the fact you exist!" Hailee said.

"I was perfect before you did that! Now everyone's staring at me!" I said.

Hailee rolled her eyes and looked at Patrick. "Who are you?"

"Patrick..."

"My new friend." I said quickly.

She rolled her eyes again and huffed. "I knew this wad a bad idea... I just hugged my wallflower sister and I'm now being see with her and her nerd of a friend. Great..." she turned and quickly walked away.

I turned back to Patrick. "Isn't she a big bag of sweets?" I asked sarcastically.

He chuckled and nodded. "Who is she?"

"That's my little sister Hailee..."

"Wait..." a guy walked up to us quickly. "So you're Hailee Fredricks sister?" he asked.

I nodded and stared at him. He had blue eyes and brown hair that was kinda poofy.

"Dude! I hears you just totally broke up with Blake Anders!" he cried.

I nodded. "News travels fast..." I explained to a bewildered Patrick.

He nodded. "I've gotten that..." he said.

"Names Joseph Trohman! But you..." he pointed to Patrick and I, "Can call me Joe... or Joey..." he said.

"Maybellean." I nodded.

"Patrick." Patrick looked down.

"Where you guys off to?" Joe asked, following us as we continued our path.

"Geometry." I said.

"Hey! Same here!" Joe cried.

Patrick and I chuckled as the three of us walked to class.

-Beginning.of.class.-

"Alright, students. Since today is the first day back, I'm going to take it easy in you guys. For today, I just want you to pick two students and get to know each other a little more." our teacher, Mrs. Yollo said.

Of course, Patrick Joe and I became a group and we just talked and talked and talked.

When the bell rang, we were still laughing about a story Joe had just told us.

Patrick pulled out his phone and groaned. "My dad's making me go to the liquor store and buy a pack of cigarettes for him."

"But, dude... you're fifteen! You can't possibly get away with that!" I said.

"Nah, May... you'd be surprised about the amount of stuff we can get away with." Joe said.

"You guys wanna come with?" Patrick asked hopefully.

"I'm in..." Joe said.

They both looked at me. "Hey... anything to get away from Hailee." I said.

They laughed as we headed to our next class, Biology.