0.20

Here we go

Real Time

Ollie stuck a handful of blue cotton candy in her mouth as her and Maria wandered around the carnival

Ollie stuck a handful of blue cotton candy in her mouth as her and Maria wandered around the carnival. The spring carnival was Ollie's favourite thing about the beginning of spring. It was always so bright and full of laughter. It was around eight pm and the sun was beginning to dip down closer to the ocean line. It was creating a wonderful sky above them as the blue was slowly fading to a soft purple.

"Can we go to the pier? I want to watch the sunset." Ollie asked as she finally swallowed down the sugar. She had a small smile on her face and Maria thought it was just the happiness of being at the carnival.

"Yeah of course. Come on." Maria agreed and linked arms with her best friend as they walked towards the pier. Ollie secretly pulled out her phone and messaged Ashton and Maria did the same thing but texted Michael. The two girls completely oblivious to what was about to happen.

They reached the end of the pier and Ollie had swung her bag off of her one shoulder and stuffed the rest of her cotton candy in her bag before sliding it off and setting it down with Maria's purse. Ollie leaned against the railing and so did Maria. The watched slowly as the sky was changing colours. It was mostly purples and blues until you got to the sun where it was orange and red with a hint of pink where the red would meet the dark purple.

The lights of the Ferris wheel were now extremely noticeable and so were all the other lights that were scattered around at each booth and ride.

Michael and Ashton spotted to the two instantly. Right dead centre at the end of the pier. They bumped shoulders as their bodies shook which indicated they were laughing.

Michael repeatedly clenched and unclenched his sweaty hands before Ashton took in a deep breath. "Let's cover both their eyes at the same time." Ashton offered and Michael nodded.

The two both simultaneously wiped their hands on their pants before walking up behind them. Michael could hear Ollie's voice and he couldn't help the smile on his face as she was now in front of him and not on his phone screen. They were extremely quiet as she stood behind them. Ashton silently counted down with his fingers before they both covered the girls eyes.

They both gasped and immediately turned around to see who their 'attackers' were.

Ollie's eyes adjusted as her heart was already racing. Her jaw fell slack as she took in who was standing in front of her. "Holy shit.." Ollie muttered quietly as Michael laughed softly. It was music to Ollie's ears as it was now in person that she got to hear it. She admired the man who she thought was in on a plane back to Australia to see his family. She took notice of the little details that she could never decipher on her screen or on the tv during an interview. It was surreal and she could feel the tears welling in her eyes. To her it felt like hours went by as she was just taking him all in.