Introduction

Author's Note: 

I dedicate this series to two of my best friends Angelina and Michelle  their characters as well as mine are in this series. And a big thank you to Michelle who made the cover for me. I just had to pick the picture.

My grandmother had always told me to follow my dreams. Do what I always wanted, why still minding my parents. How in the world can you do that!? Especially when both ends are pulling you in two completely different directions. My heart belonged to my boyfriend Derrick Gyser, he was my everything and in all honesty I would anything for him. My parents keep telling me that we won't last mostly because I'm only thirteen and he's fifteen. But he's my hero and my everything, nothing would change my mind. 

Tonight, was date night we were going to our favorite restaurant, Sabatino it wasn't too fancy, and it was a small kind of place. I was in my room getting ready for the night. Pulling on some white pants and shirt with what people call spaghetti straps. I then pulled on my dress over my body, which was a lot harder to put on than it looks. After I had my clothes on which most of the time was a workout, I moved onto my hair. Which didn't take much time. I had put curlers in my hair last night and wore them all day. Yes, they were annoying however, they got the job done. My hair never wanted to hold a curl much, that was okay in this scenario though, I liked my hair more wavy anyway. I didn't need to apply make-up mostly because there was no reason to, I wasn't at the age to where I needed to cover anything up. I quickly slipped on my short heels that went with my dress and grabbed my hat. Everyone wore hats, I on the other hand didn't like them very much. They were always huge and so expensive they bothered me most of the time, so when the option of hat or no hat came about you can bet that my hat was off my head in a flash.

Soon I was ready, and I went downstairs to wait for Derrick, how we met was simple and not really a story. My mother and father really wanted me to get more involved with the church that we went to, not fully my choice might I add. Well we didn't meet there, you see Derrick's family weren't church people and most people knew him and his family only for that reason. Derrick didn't come from money, he was a poor boy who worked about three jobs to buy himself supplies he needed. Such as clothes, shoes and sometimes food. However, on that day I literally bumped into him one day after church, you know how almost every single church has that one old lady that's nosy about everyone's business and feels like she can tell you what to do because she's quote unquote wiser. Yeah, that's who I was trying to get away from when I bumped into Derrick. But as soon as I laid eyes on him I couldn't pull away from him. I was ten and he was twelve at the time. We became best friends and three years later here we are. He tells me that he has been trying to win me over for a long time. 

Soon I saw him walking up to my front door and giving a small knock, before the knock even finished I was up off the couch and already at the door. I couldn't wait to spend the evening with him. We had been planning for a week. Tonight, marks our one-year anniversary and I had some big news to tell him already. He was wearing a nice white shirt with a black over coat and pants to match the coat he was also wearing some black shoes. His hair was only slightly messy, but I liked it that way. He gave me a bright smile which I was more than happy to return. My mother was more approving than my father. Even though he still wasn't the boy she wanted me to end up with. 

"Have her back by eleven Derrick" my mother said once she noticed that the door was wide open. 

He gave her a small nod "Yes madam" he then offered me his arm which I happily  took by linking my arm with his. The two of us didn't mind walking most of the time. But he surprised me with a horse and carriage. This was honestly a perfect date so far.  We took the horse and carriage to  the restaurant where he helped me down. The two of use walked into the small building and the smell of pasta hit my nostrils already making me super hungry for their food. We were instantly seated at one of their tables in the back corner and handed menus that was only two-sided. They made pasta, chicken and some other things but those were more specialties. 

"You look amazing tonight Serenity" I heard Derrick say. 

I looked up towards him and gave him a beautiful smile "you look great as well. Do you know what you want?" I asked referring back to the menu. 

"Well probably my usual, what about you? what do you want to eat tonight?"

"My usual as well" I responded to him hoping he would remember what that was, he always seemed to amaze me with his memory. The waitress soon came back and asked what we wanted. He looked over at him while he spoke.

"She will have your lemon chicken with extra lemon and I will have your garlic chicken with the mozzarella cheese on top." He handed her the two menus after she finished writing down what Derrick had said, I was in heaven just by being here. When the waitress left I looked back at Derrick before placing my hands in my lap. My heart was racing  how was I going to tell him, I needed to tell him because this included him as much as it did me. Here we were and we had to make an adult decision. 

"Derrick I have something important to tell you... and I'm not sure how you are going to take it."