Chapter Five: Arrival

~Last time~

I knew that Derrick could easily get a job and I knew how to do all the house work, I knew how to cook. Life would be okay, life would be better.  

~Now~

It took longer that I had thought it would, we were in Verona in about eight or so days. We arrived at night fall, so I didn't get to see much of the town. My only problem now was where were we going to stay? In that moment it was like Mr. Cline read my mind. "I hope you both can make good use of my house here while I am gone. While also taking care of the horses" he soon stopped the two horses pulling the carriage; in front of a nice looking home. It was one story and it was kind of small but it was adorable and perfect size for two soon to be three person family.

I soon felt Derrick get up from where he was sitting, it cause me to sit up. I watched as he got out of the carriage, he glanced up towards me again. "Serenity darling come here, let me help you down" I took him up on his offer, I got up and went over to him. Bending down and placing my hands on his broad shoulders. His hands were on my hips as he picked me up and helped me down. He set me down on my feet before getting our luggage from the carriage. Mr. Cline walked the both of us up to the front porch and unlocked the door. He let me in first, I was soon followed by Derrick who was then followed by Mr. Cline. I couldn't see much because it was dark but once a few lanterns were lit Mr. Cline gave us a brief tour around the house. 

"You both can stay in the master bedroom. I am sure you are both very tired. I will take one of the other rooms. I will only be staying a few days because I do have to get back to the wife at some point. Derrick you and I will get up early tomorrow morning, I will try to get you started in your new job. Serenity we should be back home around afternoon time tomorrow." He gave us both a small smile before giving a small nod and leaving back outside. I looked back up towards Derrick.   

"Are you ready for bed?" he asked me, I gave him a small nod, I watched him pick up one of the lanterns and gently took my small hand into his. "Alright, let's go honey" he told me, we started to head upstairs. Before I knew it we were in our new bedroom I looked around the room there were some changes I wanted to make. "Derrick did you bring our luggage up?" I soon sat down on the bed and was hoping that life here would be great. "No sweet-pea but I will, so you wait here and I will be right back." He kissed my cheek and set the lantern on the nightstand, he soon left and went back downstairs to get our luggage. As I looked around the room some more my mind was racing as so many thoughts ran across my head. Could we really stay there? Was life going to be better for us now that we left? And what about my parents I'm sure that they would do anything in their power to get me back. I soon heard Derrick walk back into our room. It felt amazing to say our instead of mine or his room. "Serenity" he started as he placed the bag on the floor. "Did you pack any pajamas?"

"They are more towards the bottom Derrick" I told him as I sat up so I could see if he was finding the right ones. It didn't take long for him to find them and hand them to me. I stood up and soon started to get dressed in my pajamas. While I was doing that Derrick was putting a lantern in the bathroom for the both of us. That way we could somewhat see better if we needed to get up in the middle of the night. I crawled into bed on one side and closed my eyes. I was exhausted and cold from being outside. I soon felt the bed move on the other side. I didn't need to open my eyes to know who it was. Once I thought he was situated I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me close to his chest and warm body.

It felt nice that I wasn't worried or on edge for once, Derrick was the love of my life, he was my light in the dark, he was my world and my everything. I wouldn't know what to do if I lost him. I had faith we would be alright. I knew how to do most things around the house. I knew how to cook, clean, do laundry. But I didn't know how to take care of a baby, so I was going to be grateful for anything that Derrick could help with. It wasn't long before he fell asleep, I could always tell, his breathing changed and he was completely still. I laid awake for a few hours before I finally fell into a nice bliss sleep.  

The noise finally grabbed my attention, I looked around and I saw nothing but pure white. I soon heard the noise again, it was a baby crying. I looked around for a way to walk but I couldn't find an actual direction, so I just walked. As I walked the crying got a little louder a sign I was getting closer, soon I realized I was in a hallway. My hand lightly against the white painted wall the crying soon wasn't as loud. I somehow knew it was my baby that was crying. So I needed to get to them to make sure they were okay. I had no idea where Derrick was or where we were really, I soon saw a door at the end of the hallway. 

As I got closer I realized the door was slightly opened so I lightly pushed on it and walked into the room. In the middle of the floor was a train rug with a border collie dog laying on it. Behind the dog was a crib that was pure white. The blankets were white, yellow and green. I slowly walked towards the crib the dog looked at me but didn't move a single inch. When I got to the crib I looked down into it see my baby laying there. The tears kept flowing down it's little cheeks. So I reached in and slowly picked it up. I looked around and found a rocking chair in the corner, so I sat down and slowly rocked the both of us. My baby eventually stopped crying and looked at me with bright blue eyes. That seemed to work well with the black hair that started to grow. I smiled as the baby soon grew tired and I watched those beautiful eyes closed. "Sleep well my handsome son. I kissed his forehead as he slept, he was everything I could have ever wanted. He was so precious and looked so peaceful I spent the rest of the night there with him. Soon everything seem to fade.  

I sat up quickly and looked around almost like I didn't know where I was, I didn't see Derrick in bed so I got worried. I touched my stomach and my mind wandered off to the weird dream that I had. Glancing down I saw my hand placed along side my stomach and gave a small smile. "I hope you are the same precious boy I saw in my dream." Once I looked outside and saw the outside alive and thriving I got out of bed and walked down the stairs still in my pajamas. Something I was never able to do back at my house, I didn't hear a single sound in the house except for my own footsteps and breath. "Derrick?" part of me was hoping he would answer.