Chapter Six: What do you mean?

~Last time~

I didn't hear a single sound in the house except for my own footsteps and breath. "Derrick?" part of me was hoping he would answer.

~Now~

Derrick never answered me which had me a little worried, he would always come when I called for him. When I heard nothing I looked around some more, until I found the kitchen. It smelled like something had recently been cooked. As soon as you walk in there is a nice square fireplace to the right, with a an area underneath to put the wood. That would come in handy for the winter months. In the middle of the room was a rectangle table with three chairs on one side and two on the other. That just meant Derrick and I could have a bigger family, or well I had hoped we could have a bigger family. Towards the back of the kitchen it looked like there was white brick for the wall.

It had a stove in the middle with white cabinets to the left and right of it, I had granite countertops as well. To the right on the wall were a few shelves that I could put things on, the more and more I looked at this house the more and more I liked it. When I walked more into the kitchen I noticed a note on the table.

Serenity,

Sorry I wasn't there this morning my love, but I went out with Mr. Cline to see what jobs were available. We will be back this afternoon. Take time to explore and relax. I love you with all my heart.

Yours truly,

Derrick

I looked around the kitchen some more before deciding to go and look around the house a little bit, to the right of the kitchen was a entryway. I walked through it to come upon a nice sitting area, almost like a tea room. On the other side towards the left was the fireplace, so it seemed to go through to the other side. Towards the back of the house was a giant window that had white loveseat in front of it. Towards the right was a white wall with a white couch against it and some pictures or paintings hanging above. There was a small glass table in the middle of the room. The house seemed really quiet and kind of lonely without Derrick beside me. I know he had to find work I just didn't expect it to be so soon. I soon left the tea room, walking straight through the kitchen to the entry way where it had the staircase to the left side. If I were to continue straight it would lead me into the living room. The living room wasn't much bigger than the tea room I had found just a few moments ago. To the left was a huge window but it was covered by dark blue curtains with a couch in front of the window straight in front of me was a slightly bigger couch and a wood coffee table. Past that one each side where shelves that were filled from the ceiling to the floor with books, vases, picture frames and other little nick-nacks. I was convinced that this was pretty much the whole house until I saw a little slit in the wall.

I was curious so I walked over to the slight in the wall and got super close to it to investigate it, I ran my fingers down the wall to find a little notch in the wall, gripping onto the notch I pulled on it to reveal that it was a hidden door. I opened it as far as I could, once I peered inside my heart filled with joy and pure bliss. It was a huge library floor to ceiling of shelves just full of books, one right after the other. As I spun around in the middle of the room looking at everything I noticed a little cut out in the wall. I walked over to it and it was kind of like a little reading nook, I was in heaven.

After I took a look around the whole house to get more familiar with it; I decided to make some lunch. Since I skipped breakfast I was starving. If I didn't know any better my baby was telling me it was hungry as well. I decided to make some soup from scratch and some sandwiches to go with it. When I was almost done that's when Derrick and Mr. Cline came back to the house I only know because I heard the door and of course I heard Derrick's voice.

"Serenity? Where are you? Are you cooking?" I heard Derrick call out from the entrance. I didn't realize how much time went by it was already afternoon. "I'm in the kitchen dear" I called out to him. I soon heard two sets of footsteps as they entered the kitchen, I glanced over my shoulder at Derrick and Mr. Cline. I smiled happily at the both of them. "I hope you don't mind Mr. Cline, I was getting hungry and figured you both would be hungry when you got back." I said before turning back to the stove. Once the soup was done, I told them both to clean up and then come and eat lunch.

I set the table and dished all of us up and placed the food on the table. Once it was all nice and pretty I cleaned up the counters a little bit and washed my own hands. I sat myself down at the table and watched as they both came back and sat down with me. Mr. Cline commented on my cooking saying it was pretty good. We all talked for a little bit and towards the end of lunch Mr. Cline let us know of his plans. "Well tonight I will be heading back home. But please if you ever do need anything or something happens write it down and that way next time I'm here in town I can see what I can do for you. Now Serenity I hope you take good care of this boy, keep him fed and healthy. Same to you Derrick, keep Serenity happy and healthy, remember happy wife equals happy life. Serenity the new job Derrick has is selling wine, I took him out to meet some of the top buyers around here, that's why there is a huge wine cellar. Sorry I guess I should have told you sooner. You will be getting shipments of the wine the places that make it. They will bring it here and you then drive it to the places that want to buy it. You can hold taste testings as well at the house. That's why there is a huge deck in the back along with the yard. My wife and I did it for awhile but then we stopped when we moved. I hope you both enjoy as well." After he told us this news I finally understood what our job was. We were basically opening a winery.