CC7 - Part 13

Camila’s POV

Seeing Ariana on my laptop screen had become routine by now. We didn’t have any other option of seeing each other since I had moved out to Paris over two months ago. With all the distance between us, those little talks were important but not as frequent as they used to be in the very beginning. We talked about the events of the day and tried to keep up with each other’s lives, but I wished our physical separation wasn’t taking such a toll on me.

I was trying my best to be positive though, especially since I was flying to the States tomorrow for USWNT boot camp. But my hopes of seeing my girlfriend were about to be crushed.

Ariana: I have some bad news.

Camila: Okay…

A: I won’t be able to see you during boot camp. There are all these important meetings with the record label and new producers. I won’t be able to leave LA at all while you’re here. I’m so sorry.

C: I’m happy things are taking off with your music. But I am a little sad we won’t see each other. I mean, I will be in San Diego and that’s not too far from LA. Are you sure you won’t get a day off at least?

I didn’t want to be too pushy but I was admittedly upset Ariana couldn’t make more of an effort. We hadn’t seen each other in almost three months and now that I would be in the same country, the same state even, she was too busy.

A: I don’t think so unless something opens up last minute.

C: That sucks but I can’t change it obviously.

A: Are you excited to be back in the US though?

C: I was excited to see you but other than that, not really to be honest.

A: Are you nervous because of Lauren being there too?

C: No. We haven’t talked so that shouldn’t be a problem.

A: You don’t think she will try something again?

C: Look, can we please not talk about her? You made your point very clear and I did what you asked of me. Can you please drop it?

A: Why are you getting so mad?

C: I am not mad. I’m annoyed because you’re bringing her up again for no reason.

A: I was just asking-

C: Then don’t ask!

Silence. I took a very deep breath and ran my hand through my hair because my pulse was quickening in anger and frustration.

A: Okay, I’m sorry. You’re right. I have no right to be untrusting at this point.

C: Let’s just talk about something else.

We kept talking for a few more minutes before I had to sign off because it was getting late. Shutting my laptop, I fell back onto the mattress and sighed loudly. I wasn’t sure why I was so upset. Not getting to see Ariana was definitely one factor. But her mentioning Lauren was another.

I hadn’t spoken to the green-eyed since she had left Paris two months ago. For two weeks she had called and texted me every day although I had asked her to stop contacting me during our last conversation. It had taken everything in me to ignore her desperate pleas until she had stopped.