2:

[Cassie]

"Ms. Davis. Nice to see you again." Dr. Megan says as I walk into his office.

"You too doctor." I say reaching out my hand to shake his hand.

"Please have a seat." He says. I sit in front of his desk.

"So... What's going on?" I ask crossing my legs.

"Well we have this patient. And he's been here for a while. We any keep him here because he's not a mental a patient. His mom put him here because she thought he needed help. But... There's nothing wrong with him."

"Hum... Describe him to me."

"He's very quiet. Barely talks. Doesn't like to be around people. He has nightmares and he often wakes up crying. A nurse said he cries himself to sleep every night and calls for his mom often. He barely eats and when he does he throws it up later."

"Is he... Sexually intact?" I ask.

"According to his mom, he hasn't had sex in years."

"And how old is he?"

"Twenty."

"What's his occupation?"

"He's a college student. Music major."

"Oh. Does he work?"

"He worked at a department store."

"Ok. So... What do you need me for?"

He leans forward on his desk, his elbows supporting him.

"You and I both know what he has. You've been through this. You can help him. I know you can."

"What if I can't?" I mumble.

"Oh can't should never come out I your mouth." He chuckles.

I smile. "David... If you weren't my brother in law, I'd strangle you."

"I know. And I love you for it." He smiles.

"Ugh okay... I'll help. But I will make no promises." I sigh.

"Oh thank you so much sis." He says happily.

"Yeah yeah. Take me to my patient please." I smirk.

He leads me down the wall hall to a room. I peek through the small window and the sight before me broke my heart.

He was laying in the bed, dressed in white, staring at the wall. His arms were covered in tattoos and I bet his chest was too. His hair was a little messy, his face red. His beautiful eyes puffy from crying. His body jumped a little from his hiccuping. I could hear his soft crying and that broke me even more.

"H-how long has he been in here?" I ask trying to keep my voice steady.

"Almost a year." David says.

"Has he been like this?" I ask.

"Yeah." He mumbles, clearing his throat.

"Um... Can I talk to him for a second?"

"Sure... He's not dangerous to anyone but himself." He says going to open the door.

Slowly I walk into the room. My heels click clack against the marble but Justin doesn't react.

"Justin..." I speak sweetly.

No response.

I walk in front of him, bending down. His eyes were so beautiful. But what hurt me was how red and teary they were.

"Sweetie... My names Cassie." I say.

He sniffles, his body moving along to it.

"Can you say something? Let me know you hear me?"

He doesn't respond. He keeps staring at the wall, his face scrunch up as if he was about to cry.

"Justin you're coming home with me today. How does that sound?" I ask. I hoped he'd respond but once again I was disappointed.

I reach out to touch him, and he jumps, making me stop my movement. His face doesn't change. And he doesn't make a sound.

I swear I wanted to cry. And I don't even know him.

"U-um... Let's get you ready to go. Okay?" I get up from the floor heading to to door.

"Cassie... You okay?" David asks.

Suddenly I feel tears falling down my face. I wipe them away, leaning on the wall.

"It's bad, David." I sob. "I-it's so bad."

"Badder than yours?" He asks concerned.

"Worse..." I croak.

"Hey Cassue. If you can't do it then..."

"No... I'll do it." I stammer.

"You sure?" He asks rubbing my shoulder.

"Yes. I am. I went through this and couldn't see how it effected me. But now that I see him like this... I-I know I need to help him."

He sighs, nodding his head as a small smirk creeps in his lips.

"Thanks sis." He says.

I simply nod. I had confidence in myself that I could help him. I need to help him. He's worse than I was when I went through this. And if I don't at least try to help him...

He may never get better.

(A/n: hi guys.

So I've had this idea on my mind.

I know you guys have been wanting me to update my other stories, and I will.

This story will be different.

Justin's not famous in this one.

He's just a regular college student.

Brace yourself. You may shed tears.

There's a song that inspires this short story.

It's by Beyoncé and it's called "Scared of Lonely".

Listen to it. It's really good.

If you are reading, please comment.

Five comments, next chapter.

Love you my gracies😘🌺)