3.3 | Velvet and Ribbons

Act III

INT. THE VELVET CHOKER - NIGHT

WILL

What do you... hey!

SELENE drags WILL by his wrist down the hallway and through different areas of the main club. They leave the main floor through a doorway and go down a short hallway which opens up onto a new lounge with multiple catwalks and various poles with strippers. WILL appears shocked, but is pulled along before he has a chance to properly react. Then they ascend a staircase into a room with a many gambling tables set up. WILL stops in his tracks, pulling out of SELENE's grasp and staring at a man across the room.

WILL

Is that Senator Evers?

SELENE grabs WILL's hand again and pulls him forcefully away from the scene, heading up another flight of stairs as she speaks.

SELENE

Look, in these places it is best to keep your head down and your mouth shut until you know what you are doing. People tend to not want to be identified in this side of town. So do me a favor and shut up the fuck up until I tell you otherwise.

They pass a couple of hallways before stopping at a door. The door is a deep wine color, with a light magenta square in the center. Two dark green stripes run across it, wrapping the door like a gift. SELENE pulls out a key, unlocking the door and throwing it open.

INT. PRIVATE ROOM - THE VELVET CHOKER

SELENE walks straight in and faceplants on the bed. She lays motionless as WILL follows her in, gently closing the door behind him.

WILL

Are we done?

SELENE makes a noise, face buried in the pillows. Silence. The beat of the club is faint but still present.

WILL

Will you please explain?

SELENE rolls over to look at WILL. Her eyes are blank, but far from expressionless.

SELENE

Explain what?

WILL

Everything? You could tell me why you dragged me out of the room, or you could start with what this place is, or why I'm even here!

SELENE sits up.

SELENE

One, Chris needed space and I knew you had questions, two, this place is a strip club, and three I didn't bring you along. Chris did.

WILL

So you've just brought us to a strip club.

SELENE

Yep.

WILL

But it's not just a strip club, is it?

SELENE watches WILL for a moment, silently surprised and impressed. Her tone of voice shifts slightly, allowing a minute degree of respect to creep in.