2.0 | Exposé

Teaser

INT. DORM - DAY

CHRIS is readying for classes whilst WILL, despite being ungagged, is still tied to the bed. WILL's managed to maintain a semblance of calm even after seemingly being stuck in his position for hours. CHRIS finishes stuffing the last book in his backpack, then reaches towards WILL's backpack as he speaks.

CHRIS

Now given the circumstances, I'm afraid you're going to be stuck with me for the whole day. Lucky for you, we don't have any class conflicts.

CHRIS begins to pack WILL's bag for him and continues.

CHRIS

(cont'd.)

Again I'm really, truly sorry about this semi-hostage situation but I really can't have you saying anything about my past, or the fact that Alex is here. I hope you understand, because I really don't want to have to do something I'll regret later.

WILL averts his eyes, trying not to think about what CHRIS means by that. CHRIS stands and walks to the bathroom where SELENE is going through her basic morning routine. She raises one arm for mascara, revealing bruised ribs. CHRIS drops the bag and bursts through the door grabs her arm, gently whipping her around.

CHRIS

What the hell is that?!

SELENE

What?

SELENE is genuinely confused as to what he is referring to, and gives him a strange look.

CHRIS

What in the hell do you mean what? The fact that your ribs currently look like a blackberry?

SELENE looks down. Realization slowly crosses her face before she looks up again.

SELENE

Oh that? That's just from my last fight. Don't worry only one was broken and it was only a hairline fracture to begin with.

CHRIS stares for a bit, searching her face.

CHRIS

What happened to you the last few years that made a cracked rib okay?

SELENE smiles as she pulls away from CHRIS and finishes applying her mascara. She tucks the bottle into a bag.

SELENE

(absentmindedly)

I told you physical pain doesn't hold much over me anymore.

SELENE moves to leave the bathroom, patting CHRIS's shoulder in a sarcastic way as she clasps a thin string of diamonds around her neck. CHRIS turns and watches her throw on her leather jacket.

SELENE

Besides, I didn't have my brother there to protect me.

She walks out slamming the door behind her. WILL watches her leave. CHRIS watches her leave out the window as she leaves the building and walks down the street.

CHRIS

(softly)

What happened to her?

WILL overhears and sighs.

WILL

From what I can tell? Nothing good.

A beat. WILL speaks again.

WILL

What happened between her and her brother?

WILL waits for a response for a bit, but gets none. CHRIS lingers at the window watching SELENE walk away.

ROLL CREDITS