5.1 | Caveat Emptor

Act I

INT. CAR - Night

WILL, who is in the backseat shoots SELENE a incredulous look. Sitting beside him, CHRIS rolls his eyes.

CHRIS

(whispered)

I still can't believe such a supposedly exclusive club is actually named The Rubber Ducky.

The BOUNCER nods.

BOUNCER

Yes.

SELENE looks around into the darkened street and lowers her voice.

SELENE

I need to speak with Quincy Ishida.

BOUNCER

You'll need to go upstairs for that, ma'am.

SELENE

Upstairs?

INT. THE RUBBER DUCKY ELEVATOR - NIGHT

The trio stands in state-of-the-art, high-tech looking ELEVATOR. Each has a silver band clasped around their wrist. "The Girl From Ipanema" plays softly in background, clashing with the intensity and seriousness displayed by the group. A beat. WILL shifts around for a minute before falling back into silence.

The elevator stops and dings as the doors slide opens. EMMA and EDEN Ishida walk in, dressed in matching purple club outfits. The group shifts slightly to let them in, and the door slides shut.

As the elevator ascends again, the music becomes more pronounced. Held silence. Suddenly, EDEN pulls out a gun from under her dress and shoots at the speakers in each corner. The music crackles and dies off.

EMMA

Finally.

EDEN

Finally?

EMMA

I was wondering how long you would take to get pissed off about that. In case you were curious, it was seventeen seconds.

EDEN raises one eyebrow and looks at EMMA.

EDEN

You know that I specif...

EMMA

You specified silence and he specified Japanese Chicken Yodeling, yes.

EDEN rolls her eyes at the comment. The sisters turn to face the group in perfectly unnatural synchronization. CHRIS has tensed, ready to fight. SELENE isn't as obviously shaken, but her hand has unconsciously crept up to her hairpins. WILL, on the other hand, is absolutely terrified and presses up in a corner. A beat passes as the Ishida sisters scan the group. EDEN and EMMA lock eyes for a moment before EDEN tilts her head towards the group. She then proceeds to whip out her phone and lean against the wall, casually texting, whilst EMMA takes control of the situation.

EMMA

You wanted to meet Quincy Ishida?

SELENE