Chapter XIX: It's A...

Lauren's POV

"Good morning, my superstar!" Ally greeted me from the kitchen as well as Finn sitting on top of the counter.

"Mommyyyy!!" my son excitedly sprinted over so I could swiftly pick him up.

"Morning, bud. Making some breakfast with Aunt Ally?" I giggled.

"We're making waffles!"

"I can see that!"

"Morning, babe, smells good in here," Camila then came out of our room to greet us.

"Morning, baby," I gave her a quick kiss.

"I figured we oughta have a nice breakfast in honor of the good news!" Ally beamed, grinning from ear to ear while setting the food down on the table.

"...Good news?" I frowned as I sat. Camila was even smirking a little too suspiciously at me.

"Check the charts," Ally showed me her phone screen that read the top 10 songs on iTunes and my own song was #1.

"Wait... what?" I squinted my eyes and snatched the phone.

"Congrats, baby! See? A legend always comes back and lives on," my girl smiled.

"You're even trending on Twitter!" Ally added.

"Wow, a number one on iTunes... wild," I shook my head in disbelief at the pure honor. I hadn't had anything like this in years.

Ariana: Just heard All The Stars is #1 right now! Congrats!! 🍾💜

I grinned down at the text from Ariana.

Me: All thanks to you 💚

"I'm so excited to see where this takes you, Lo. I mean, are you ready to get back out there?" Camila asked.

"Uhh... yeah, I think so," I shrugged with a nod, helping my son cut up his waffles.

"Think so? You have a number one, I think you're definitely ready," she smirked, rubbing my knee comfortingly.

"I guess my power isn't completely gone," I lowkey prided. Maybe the whole world didn't hate me after all. Or at least not anymore. "I don't know... it feels nice to know that I have potential again."

"So much potential. You're Lauren freaking Jauregui. Just needed time to restart," she kindly spoke.

"Thanks, babe. Thanks for believing in me," I matched her tender eyes before pulling her into a kiss.

"Always. Both of us, number one." Which was true what with her debut album debuting at #1 as well as Havana simultaneously.

"So do you want me to do anything yet?" Ally asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... you're making a comeback," she shook her head as if it were obvious. "We all know Epic and Maverick are gonna hit you back up in a matter of days. If not, hours."

"Oh, don't worry, I'll take care of them," I waved off.

No shit were my old label and management going to contact me again. And that they did not even three hours after we were done with breakfast. Even some old producers I worked with back in the day started texting me to get in the studio with them again. The good ones, thank god.

From that point on... everything happened so fast like a flash before my eyes.

***

Camila's POV

Don't get me wrong, I was happy... overjoyed even to see Lauren getting back in the game. I was 100% behind her. But the fact that her people were coming back from every direction was just a bit of a shock.