Chapter XXII: Must Be Love

Lauren's POV

My eyes couldn't have seen a more beautiful girl. That girl obviously being Camila Cabello.

Even at almost 8 months pregnant, she was the most gorgeous woman on this planet. Hell, the pregnancy made her that much beautiful. And as we were on the Grammys red carpet, this night was beyond my wildest dreams. Never did I think I'd have the honor to end up back here. Especially not here with my superstar girlfriend in stunning red.

As predicted, she didn't want to pose with me. Nor did her team or mine even though I lowkey kinda wanted to. We just shouldn't have been pictured as that kind of couple although the public knew we were very much together. At least we were sitting together during the show.

"Every time I look at you, you look even better," I breathed against her ear once we finally got into the venue.

"Aww, Lauren, that's so sweet," she blushed, taking my arm so we could walk together.

"I can't wait to see you in win big tonight," I told her and she looked at me endearingly.

"Thank you, my love," she replied, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

My love.

Woah. Well, that made me feel tingly.

Camila's POV

As predicted, Lauren was getting all the attention tonight. Everyone had been waiting months to see the slightest glimpse of her as well as her big performance. As was I of course. She'd been working so hard, ten hour rehearsals for just a few songs. Though these were songs she hadn't sang in years so she almost started from scratch.

"Ladies and gentleman, please put your hands together and welcome back to the Grammys stage after five long years.... two time winner, Lauren Jauregui!"

I'd never seen an award show audience scream and cheer so fucking loud for someone. And to think it was for my own girlfriend. The woman I was in love with who I felt deserved the most recognition tonight and well, she got it.

Lauren appeared beautifully on the stage with just her and her guitar. Just like how everyone knew her. And when she started playing her first song, E.T., everyone was on their feet for my girl. From that song to Back to Black, All Night (acoustic), Fast Car and finally Expectations, my eyes couldn't shed enough tears.

This was the moment everyone had been waiting for. Me, and obviously Lauren. This moment was hers.

"How'd I do?" was the first thing Lauren said to me as soon as she returned to our seats.

"Lauren, that was beyond amazing. The vocals, the instruments, the production... everything!" Tears welled up as we both met in a warm hug. One of the most heartfelt embraces we had.

"Thank you, Camz. Thank you for always being my number one," she said before kissing me.

"Always."

The rest of the night went on without a hitch. Lauren and I both won our awards which I definitely cried over and couldn't have been happier about. And of course my girlfriend was over the moon as well.

"I don't know about you but I'm tired as shit," I rested my head on Lauren's shoulder while we were in the back of the SUV afterwards.