[When I Was Cyanide]

Nico - Eight

Beep

Beep

Beep

The patterned noise filled Nico's ears as he slowly gained consciousness. His eyes ached as his eyelids did little to shield his vision from the light. And his body lay stiff in bed. He felt warm, his his clothes weren't on him. Instead, he was in a gown.

Opening one eye hesitantly, he was instantly alert.

White walls

White bed

White board in the corner with names and numbers written on it.

He was in a hospital room. Biting his lip, he attempted to get up. His shoulders screaming in protest, popping painfully before Nico laid back.

His legs were entangled in the blankets, clothing discarded. There were two chairs to the left, the bathroom door wide open.

Nico noticed that there was a tray next to him. The tray nearly empty except for a styrofoam cup. Nico picked it up, his shoulder felt like a rust machine, fingers jammed.

The cup was halfway full.

He heard footsteps, his eyes scanning the room. Body tensing as he stared at the entrance door.

It was also open, Will standing in the doorway. Will wore a smile wide on his face, his eyes filled with small tears. "Glad you're awake." He began, the blond giving Nico no explanation on why he had given him over to a hospital.

"Why am I–" Will interrupted Nico. "You were dying."

Nico sighed, "Cyanide, you have healing powers!" Nico felt stupid for having to point it out, but it was something hard to forget. Will's eyes hardened.

"My name is Will, and I know. I choose not to use them!" He snapped, Nico staring at him dully. Clearly not amused by Will as he spoke;

"Is that my backpack?" He questioned, pointing shakily to the navy blue bag pressed in a corner. Will shrugged. "I'm not sure, Riptide and Rome dropped it off. Says that you'll need to do what Riptide did, just without the blamed brother." Nico opened his mouth, then closed it.

"You up for a mission?"

Will's eyes widened. "You almost died!" He exclaimed, causing Nico to chuckle. "And whatever is in the bag will cause the people around us to die. Let's go." Will sighed, "I swear–"

"No time for swearing, give me whatever's in the bag!"

Will opened the bag. His head jerked back, eyes widened again.

"Holy Hera it's a bomb. How's that even aloud in the hospital?! What kinda security is there? Oh my gods."

Nico shook his head. "Just give it to me."

Will shook his head. "I need to speak with the police about how they'd allow two dudes deliver a bomb to a heart surgery patient," he spoke, making Nico face palm.

"In case you forgot, we're going to use that. Is you tell them, you'll be arrested!"

"Well crap."