Chapter 4: Three Starter Pokémons

———
Don't forget to vote, comment and share!~
———

Enid, Red, and Hazel followed the Professor at the very end of the room. Red saw the three Pokéballs on the table and smiled, this gave him nostalgia on where he first started his journey in Kanto.

Hazel placed the fire type starter and the water type starter on the table next to their Pokéballs, while Treecko followed them and climbed up to the table. Treecko noticed that Mudkip and Torchic were still ignoring each other and sighed as he shakes his head in disappointment.

Blue— Enid's Lucario gave the food to the Professor and Red's Pikachu was on Red's shoulder.

"Thank you, Lucario." Professor thanked Blue and patted him on the head, Blue responded with a happy cry and went back to Enid. The Professor cleaned up the three bowls and filled them up with the new Pokéfood that Enid and Blue gave him.

"On a second thought, you kids wait. Sit on the couch if you'd like." The Professor chuckled awkwardly, Enid and Red nodded and sat on the couch that wasn't so far away. The two of them were quiet until Red decided to have a small conversation with her.

"So, Enid huh? That's a pretty nice name." Red said, smiling at Enid. Enid turned her head to Red and nodded, "Yeah, I guess it's pretty nice." she shrugged. "Your name is quite unique too, named after a color like my Lucario here." Enid replied back and placed her hand on Lucario's head and began stroking it, Blue let out a snicker and smiled at his trainer.

"My father was the one who named me." He chuckled and took off his red hat, his brown hair was in its natural spiky state. Enid looked at him, "Really? I wish I met my dad." she smiled weakly at him and sighed. "Me and my older brother, we ... never knew who our dad was. And then mom died because of an illness, it's just me and him now." She shrugged, quickly wiping the tears away with her arm. Blue, Pikachu and Red all looked at her with a worried look, Red placed a hand on her shoulder which made Enid turn back to him and looked at his light brown eyes, something about his eyes made her calm down.

"Don't worry, my dad left me and my mom when I was five ... all I can remember is that they had a huge fight and after that he just left." Red sighed.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Red." Enid said, giving him an apologetic look but Red just shakes his head and forced a smile on his face as if it was nothing. "Don't worry about me."

They sat their in silence for a few minutes, but it was a calming silence that Enid loves. Blue and Pikachu were both talking to each other while their trainers patiently waited for Professor Birch.

"Red, come here." The Professor said, Red stood up and walked towards Birch. The three starter Pokémon looked at Red with excitement, while Red kept his eyes on the Professor. Enid, however, was about to leave seeing that she wasn't needed anymore and since she wasn't going to travel the whole region like Red here got up and walked towards the door but was stopped by Hazel.

"Don't leave just yet, the Professor still wants to talk to you after this." She said, holding Enid's arm. Enid nodded and Hazel let go of her arm, the two of them watched Red and Birch having a conversation. Finally, the Professor explained the three Hoenn starters to Red.

"Just like in Johto and Kanto or in any other regions you can either choose the water type, fire type, and of course the grass type." Birch said, while Red only nodded. He already knew this but he decided to listen to Birch anyway.

"Let's start with the water type, Mudkip." He then gestured to the water starter who was standing with pride. "Mudkip here is the mud fish pokémon, don't be fooled by it's appearance, this little fella here can crush boulders with its powers." Birch explained and went to Torchic next. "The chick pokémon— Torchic. Torchic is a fire type and inside its body is a place where it keeps a small flame, so if you feel cold you can always hug it and be warm." The Torchic, like Mudkip, stood up with pride and confidence.

Birch then headed to Treecko, who, unlike the other was sitting down with his arms crossed and eyes closed. "And last but not least— Treecko, the wood gecko Pokémon. It can easily climb up trees and walls thanks to the small hooks on the bottom of its feet."

The Professor then looked at Red, "Well, Red? Who's it gonna be?" he asked, waiting for a response. Red all looked at the three of them and looked at Birch, "It's hard to choose, but I want to keep my dad's words and choose Torchic." he said. Torchic then jumped suddenly and started hopping around in joy.

Birch nodded and returned Torchic to its ball and handed the ball over to Red— Torchic's new trainer. Birch told Red to hand his dex to him and he did, the Professor registered the Hoenn dex and gave it back to him.

"Enid, come here."

Enid looked at Birch and nodded, walking towards them. Red let Torchic out of its ball and carried it on his arms. Enid looked at Torchic and gave it a warm smile, "Well aren't you so cute." she giggled.

"Enid, as a thank you for doing my errand take this." Birch then grabbed the incubator which contained an egg inside a closet and gave it to Enid, the girl was surprised about this and looked at the Professor. "Are you sure about this, Professor? I mean— I just gave you new Poké food, that's all." Enid awkwardly chuckled.

The Professor nodded in response, "I'm sure. Besides, the Pokémon inside that egg will be a great addition to your team."

"Shouldn't Red have this? I mean, he is completing the Hoenn dex." Enid asked, Birch shakes his head. "That egg came from Johto, and Red already completed that."

Red nodded, "Yup, besides, having another Pokémon in your team is always a great thing!" he smiled, Torchic let out a happy cry saying that it agrees with its trainer. Enid just sighed and smiled.

"Guess you're right, thanks Professor!"