viii.

viii.
TRIGGERED MEMORIES

TALIA AND ASHTON WALKED through the streets of Beacon Hills, the two teenagers had small talk, literally talked about almost everything. Their childhood, family, what they want in the future, but Talia of course kept out the details of her being a witch and tortured her whole life.

Talia noticed the roads being empty and street lights turning on. Ashton could see the disappointed look on her face, "Are you okay?" Talia turned her head him. "I kinda don't want to go home. To have to face my friend."

Ashton scratched the back of his head. "You could stay at my place tonight—" He saw a smile form on the girl's lips and his eyes widened at what he just said. "I mean you don't have to stay at my place—but if you do you can stay in my room—" His eyes shut and rubbed his hair in embarrassment. "I mean you can stay in one of the empty rooms, there is a lot of them in the house—"

Talia placed her hand over his mouth, stopping him from rambling. "If that would be okay." He nodded his head quickly. "Yeah! Totally!" He then pointed his thumb down the road. "It's just down the block."

Ashton led the girl to his house which when they got there, amazed Talia, it was beautiful. The house was two stories, all white, large pillars surrounding the front porch and upper floor.

A smile formed on the boy's lips when he noticed an amused one on Talia's

A smile formed on the boy's lips when he noticed an amused one on Talia's. He laced his fingers with hers and led the girl inside. Talia's eye's immediately went towards the living room which had nice furniture and a brick fireplace.

She then shifted her focus towards the kitchen, seeing a long table. "How many people live in this house?"

"Around fourteen people, including me." He answered. "Wanna tour?" Talia nodded her head, a smile on her face. Ashton held the girl's hand in his, showing every room of the large house.

Talia tugged on his hand, stopping him from talking. "I hope this isn't awkward." He stared at her with a confused look on his face. "I mean, we just met and I'm staying at your place."

He shrugged. "It's not awkward." He then glanced at the ground and back at Talia. "I know this may sound weird but it feels like I've seen you before or at least heard of you."

Talia squinted her eyes at him, a small smile on her face. "We did see each other at school." She joked. A chuckle escaped Ashton's lips as he shook his head. "I mean way before that."

Talia shrugged her shoulders, "Really? I can't really remember." Ashton nodded his head, agreeing with the girl. "I swear I've seen you before, I just can't remember where."

"Ashton where have you been?!" The two teens turned their heads towards an African American woman who was walking down the center staircase.