xvii.

xvii.
THE DARK WITCH

FIONA BACCARI SAT IN A chair, next to Helena, Void, Gianna, Nora, and the other clan leaders.  "What are we suppose to do until the Red Queen returns?" One of the leaders asked.

"We wait till she is done with school, she may be your queen but she still a teenager who wants a normal life." Fiona told them.  "Where is Ashton, the Blue Guardian?" Helena asked, her arms resting onto the table. "He's at the school with Talia, he wants a normal life too."

"Them two are the most powerful beings of what's left of our people. They can't have a normal life." One of the leaders snapped. "They might be the most powerful of you all, but they are also just teenagers. They don't understand the power they have." Gianna said.

All of their attentions went towards the front door when it slammed open, Viola Calavera running into the house with a panic expression on her face. "Something happened at the school and Sapphire is there with a couple hunters."

Everyone shot up from their seats. "We have to go get them." Fiona said but Viola shook her head. "No! I'll go get them. You guys need to get ready to fight."

"Why?" Helena asked. "When I was on my way here, I saw Rodrigo and a couple SUVs headed in this direction."

"I'll get the clans ready." Helena told everyone before walking off. "And I'll call my people." Gianna added, leaving the group.

"You need to get them out of there and bring them back here. Helena will control the clans but Talia is the only one who can lead them." Fiona said. Viola nodded her head and ran out of the house, leaving the witches to get ready for a war.

»»»

"So, how about you show me what you can do.  Red Queen!"

Talia and Ashton stood their ground when the two armed hunters slowly pulled the trigger.  Before a bullet could fire from their rifles, three bullets flew into one of the hunter's chest and one flew into the other hunter's head. 

The two teens turned around to see Viola standing on the other side of the hallway with a suppressed handgun in her hand.  "Come on!" She shouted. Sapphire jumped behind a set of lockers for cover while Ashton and Talia ran off, following Viola. "We need to get out of here!"

"There are CDC workers all over the school. We can hop out a window from the second floor!" Viola told them as the three teens ran up the stairs.

The three of them entered an empty classroom and Ashton opened one of the windows while Talia and Viola kept an eye out for any hazmat guys or Sapphire. "I got it!" Ashton called the two girls as he opened the window. He helped them hop over the ledge and drop down carefully.

Viola led them to her car, getting into the driver's seat while Talia and Ashton got into the back seats. "Where are we going?" Talia asked. "Back to the witch house. Rodrigo and his hunters are on their way to attack and the clan needs their Queen to lead them into battle." Viola answered, driving out of the school and heading towards the house.

Talia's eyes widen and she began to shake her head viciously. "What? No! No, I'm not ready. I'm no Queen." Ashton reached over and placed his hand on top of hers, calming her down a bit. "Hey, listen to me." He told her, forcing her head to turn to face him. The two stared into each other's eyes, a smile slowly forming on Ashton's lips.

  The two stared into each other's eyes, a smile slowly forming on Ashton's lips