vii.

vii.
REPAYING A FAVOR

TALIA WALKED THROUGH THE streets of Beacon Hills, she was staring at the ground, tears in her eyes. Who gave them the right to go inside her head and trigger her memories. She pulled her phone out of her pocket, seeing that she got another text from Scott, saying that he was sorry and asking where she was.

She ignored them, putting her phone in her pocket. She was taken out of her thoughts when she heard her name being called in the distance. Her eyes went towards the other side of the street, where she saw that boy from the school, Ashton across the street.

He jogged over to her, a smile on his face. "Hey, Talia right?" He asked politely and she nodded her head, heat going to her cheeks. "Yes, and you're Ashton right?" She joked.

He smiled, "So what are you doing out here?" Talia looked around, she was new to Beacon Hills so she was kind of lost. She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, clearly embarrassed. "Uhm—no where actually. I'm new to this town so I decided to walk around to get used to this place."

"Well there is this deli down the street that makes these amazing subs. Wanna go?" He asked, pointing his thumb in the other direction.

Talia mentally felt her stomach growl, she guessed she could eat. She nodded her head, "Yeah sure." A smile was made in the corner of his lips. They both walked across the street, him leading the way.  After walking for about five minutes, they arrived at a place called "Rodriguez's Deli". 

They both approached the front cashier and the man knew Ashton because they were having a conversation.....in Spanish.  Talia watched in awe, she always wanted to learn another language.  She thought she would at least learn Spanish because she stayed with the Calaveras her whole life and they spoke in Spanish to each other.

"Quien es la chica linda?" The cashier asked and Talia noticed a blush appearing on Ashton's face.  He quickly glanced at her then back at the man.  "Un amigo de la escuela." He answered.

Ashton then ordered two subs, pulling out ten dollars. Talia quickly slapped his hand away, causing the boy to stare at her, confused. "No I'm paying. I owe you for saving me from embarrassment in class today."

He waved his finger in front of her, a smile on his lips. "But I'm a gentleman and the gentleman always pays for the lady." He told her then handed the ten to the cashier.

The two teens took the sandwiches and grabbed a table for themselves. "So are you going to tell me what that man was saying?" She asked politely.

Ashton started blush, pink appearing on his cheeks. "He asked who you were and I said that you're a friend from school."

Talia tilted her head, squinting her eyes at him. "Really? Because from the look of your face, that wasn't all." Ashton looked down towards his sandwich and looked back up at her. "He really asked me who was the pretty girl."

The two continued to eat their sandwiches in silence until Talia broke it. "So tell me about yourself, like where are you from?"

Ashton swallowed his bite and clear his throat. "Well I'm originally from L.A. but I moved here two months ago." Talia lifted her cup up, taking a small sip. "Who do you live with?"