xii.

xii.
REMEMBERING THE DEAD
(For warning, I'm changing up the plot of this episode a little bit and get ready because this chapter is sad too)

SCOTT MCCALL WATCHED AS Talia Baker placed her books inside her locker.  "You know, you are going to have to get over her some day."  He then diverted his focus towards whoever said that, his eyes landing on Viola Calavera who had a small smile on her lips.

"I'm not giving up on her—" Scott's ears then quirked up, hearing a loud and fast heartbeat.  His eyes went back to Talia who had anxious look in her eyes.  He followed her eyesight, seeing that she was watching two police officers who were walking through the hallway and heading in her direction.  "Hey Vi, I got go." He dismissed himself from the young hunter before she could say anything.

While walking towards the young witch, Scott slowly concentrated on the two police officers' voices.  "Have you seen Talia Baker and Ashton Carter?" He heard the male officer ask one of the teachers.  "The two teens have been charged with murder." The female officer added.

"Hey Scott—Wait? What the?!" Talia greeted but soon stared at the Scott with confusion in her eyes as he dragged her into an empty classroom, locking the door behind her.  "Hey are you okay?" He asked her, his hands resting on her hips.  "I'm fine..." She tried to lie but failed when Scott shook his head.  "You're lying.  I can hear your heartbeat from a mile away." He exaggerated a little bit.  "So tell me, what's wrong?  Why am I hearing that you had something to do with murder?"

Talia sighed, her head lowered to her feet.  "Me, Ashton, and Nora were attacked last night."  Scott's eyes widened as he scanned over her body.  "What?!  Are you you okay?  Are you hurt?"  Talia quickly shook her head, staring up into his eyes.  "No I'm fine but it is true, I did kill people last night.  All three of us did."

"What exactly happened last night?" Scott asked, staring into her eyes with worry. Talia shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, everything just happened so fast. First, me and Ashton were at the hospital when we first got attacked. Then, Nora saved us and took us back to the house where we held our ground."

"So you killed all of them?" Scott asked, leaning onto one of the desks. Talia shook her head, "No, two of them got away. Gianna, one of the best witch hunters that is still alive and some guy."

Scott let out sigh then wrapped his arms around her small body, pulling her into a hug. "I'm just glad your okay." He said, nuzzling his face into her neck. Talia stood there in shock, not knowing what to do but after a few seconds she hugged him back, her head resting on his chest. The ding from Scott's phone causes the two to break their embrace. "What is it?" She asked, staring at Scott who read over the message. "It's Lydia, she managed to get the keys to her parents' lake house."

Talia stared at Scott, confusion written on her face. "Lake house? What do you need a lake house for?" Scott picked up his backpack and put it on his back. "Tonight is Liam's first full moon and he needs to be somewhere he can't hurt anyone."

"And how does he feel about it?" She asked, a giggle escaping from her lips when she saw Scott rub the back of his neck. "Yeah, he doesn't know." Talia placed her hands on her hips and stared at Scott who gave her a small grin. "But Kira managed to trick him into going to lake house, thinking that it is a party." He added.

When the two teenagers stepped out the classroom, after making sure that there was no teachers or officers. "So where is Ashton?" Scott questioned, trying not to sound jealous. "Him, Nora, and Fiona is going to Oregon and Seattle to see if there is anymore witch clans while Julia is staying at the house, trying to do some research on who these hunters are because they seemed really well equipped, even for professional witch hunters."