aftermath

dipper paced around, calling out for bill. he hadnt seen him for 5 days, and it was killing him. to have his love and companion of four years suddenly disappear from his dreams, it felt like a part of his soul had been ripped out and torn to shreds.

but, he couldn't wallow in his own misery. after all, he had brought this upon himself, and he couldn't even imagine whay bill was feeling. why did he always mess up everything for himself. why had he always thrown away every good thing for his paranoia. he had lost bill and it was all his fault. he had lost bill and he couldn't bear it. he had to do something.

to wake up, dipper steeled himself,

and slapped his own face.

jerking awake, he flew out of the dingy basement, and rushed right out of the mystery shack.

"what's up dippers ass?" grunkle Stan asked mabel, to which she shrugged and they both returned to their game of late night cards.

running through the woods, the thought that he forgot to put on shoes may have crossed his mind, but only briefly, and his mind immediately returned to the storm and hurricane of thoughts centered around bill.

he could only run, and run he would. he had to. he needed to see bill again, if only to see his sad, angered look, only to watch him leave again. he had to do this, no matter what it would do to the world. he needed bill.

finally, he reached his destination, a lighter, less dreary patch of the woods, where a field of yellow roses bloomed. with the adrenaline still punping through his head, a small flashback came to him.

"pinetree," bill said, floating around lazily. dipper stared defensively at him, wary of any of his actions. the dream demon had been in his dreams for 3 days, and dipper was afraid that he would strike at any moment. bill had tried to destroy the world prior, why would he stop now?

bill sighed, as he saw dippers thoughts project behind him like a billboard. dipper was pretty new to the mindscape, and kept accidentally projecting everything he said out there.

sighing, bill wasn't sure what to say to the boy to prove he couldn't do anything. he had tried many times to explain that he was powerless, trapped in the statue. of course, he would explain it again.

"but pinneeeee treeeeeeeeee, I cant do anythingggggg ! I'm trapped in that statue remember? I don't have control over anything unless someone touches it! then ill be back in full demon form. of course, even then, I can only use my powers through making deals with unsuspecting humans, and none of you guys are unsuspecting anymore yaknow? and even then, none of you are actually gonna touch the statue really."

kicking out of his memory, dipper moved right toward the statue in the middle of the field. in his crazed state, he clung desperately to the statue, as water poured out of his eyes.

for miles in the forest, the creatures who lived there could hear the screams calling out for bill,  gradually get softer, until they faded like a part of the night.

authrors note : shout out to scortchess for adding me to their collection of rad demon books I'm hournered

yay this means I'm cool now 😎