✿5✿ No Data

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SAY FAIL?! HOLY FREAK, I AM THE STUPIDEST. AUTHOR. EVER.

I was proofreading SahDS when I noticed that for chapter 5, I had written "chapter six" in the story, and that some of the events didn't make any sense. So I went back to my original Word document and noticed that I HAD ACCIDENTALLY POSTED THE WRONG CHAPTER FIVE. GOODNESS GRACIOUS. 

So here I am, posting the ORIGINAL chapter 5. Omg, I am so sorry about that. I am lame. Lame. LAME. Dx

Anyway, read this chapter five. You'll understand chapter six more.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Chapter Five

No Data

That awkward moment when you forget that to open a cabin door, you need a key…

I was just lucky that Spencer had given the key to Agnès, who had actually remembered that you needed a key to open a door.

She smirked when she realized that I had forgotten the keys. Once standing beside me, she pushed the key into the keyhole of the doorknob and turned it. I expected the door to unveil two other girls inside, but surprisingly, no one was there besides us.

Juste us?” Agnès wondered, as she walked in. Her annoying heels made tapping sounds against the wooden flooring as she walked over to a bottom bunk and sat down. The cabin was pretty small. It was like the size of my room back in Lyon, except slightly bigger. The two bunk beds were placed on opposite sides of the room, a yard or so apart. There was one small window in the middle back of the cabin with a red curtain covering it. Then, beside the front door and at the left-hand corner, there was a dresser. It wasn’t that big. It probably had the width of me and half of Agnès combined. There was another identical dresser at the right-hand corner, too.

“Let’s share this lits superposés,” Agnès said, patting the bed she was sitting on.

“Agnès, if you can’t speak a full sentence without using French, then just speak in French,” I said.

“You say I am in America. Therefore, you say I talk English. I am to talk in English right now.”

“You’re English makes me cringe.”

Agnès  frowned. “What’s a ‘cringe’?”

I sighed hopelessly and imitated a cringe reaction.

“Ohh!” Agnès said. “I get eet now.”

“Fine, I’ll share a bunk with you. But I get top bunk,” I snapped. As if to prove my point, I climbed to the top and made Agnès hand me my suitcase, so that I could put it on my bed. If I were an animal, I would have probably peed on it, too, for added territorial claim.

“Fine. I always hated top,” she huffed.

“Whatever.” I lay down on the bed and stared at the blank ceiling. Everything about this state was brown—or red. I mean, on our way over, the scenery was brown and red, then, when I got to Camp Cactus, everything about its environment was also brown and red, and now, lying in bed and looking up at the ceiling, the ceiling was brown, too! Why not we name the state, Brown, also?!

Quand est-ce que les autres personnes arrivent?” Agnès asked. When do the other people come?

Je ne sais pas,” I responded. I don’t know.