The box

You sat and stared drowsily out of your window. It was Monday and your day off. 'It's better than going' you thought swinging your feet out of the bed and onto the cold floor. It sent shivers down your spine but quickly vanished as you continued walking in a slouched manor. You felt too lazy for cooking so you just poured some cereal into a bowl forgetting that half of it was spilt onto your counter in your attempt to be at the least bit noticeable of the wet dark,day outside. You sat on the couch and turned the television on and ate in silence. You tried to block out the cackle of lightning that was sounding outside but found it rather impossible to do so. You were caught up in the news channel when you heard a knock at the door. Getting up to answer it you thought about who would have the stupidity to come to your house at the infernal time you called 6:00. You opened the door expecting to see a man or woman with a bunch of cookies wanting you to buy what would be the death of you.COOKIES. But no one was there. You shrugged and closed the door and sat back down. You turned the television off and decided to try to go back to sleep. I mean geez it's 6:00!

You lean your head onto the back of the couch and start to dose off. Then suddenly thunder rumbled but there was a loud skree mixed with it. Your eyes snap back open and you stare in confusion at the ceiling. Loud skrees emitted from the door. You got up and thought to yourself 'if it's those kids I'm going to punch them in the throat' you swung open the door readying to give whatever was making the cruel noise a long very boring lecture about the thunder behind loud enough without the annoying skrees accompanying it. You peered out into the pouring rain and looked around your front lawn. "SKREEEEE!" You almost fell out of your skin as the sound surrounded you. You covered your ears. "SHUT UP OR ILL KICK YOU!" You yelled. The skree got quieter but didn't completely stop. You looked down to see a soaked box on your doorstep. "God i swear if that has something disgusting in it!" You quickly got out of the rain and pulled the box into your house.