Betrayal of the innocent minds

Previously ... 

Jaqs stood frozen to the spot as his hand began to wander as he hooked his lewd and chubby arm around her shoulders. She wondered if his suit would actually begin to burst at the seams because no matter how well tailored a suit he got, it didn't change the fact that his fat was bursting out of its well cuffed sleeves like a repulsive human sausage armed freak.

Jaqs had been walking around the town after a long and sweaty walk there in the hot British weather of Summer 2012. She was wearing an outfit she felt confident in. Black short shorts, studded with faux silver square/diamond studs. Admittedly a tad too tight for her and made her stomach and thighs look a tad like they had been pushed like play dough, however she got away with it because she was still so skinny. 

With great amounts of glee, she had finally taken the plunge to dying her hair the colours she had so desperately wanted too, and she knew it was going to impress HIM. That boy she spoke so much too at College. At the moment her hair was blue and she had gone to purchase more blue, or return a box of hair dye that had failed to work/ or caused an allergic reaction of skin hives. 

She cant quite remember. 

All she can remember is a screenshot of herself walking up the promenade of shops that led the main walk in to the town centre. She walked past an old and wood plank boarded up double story shop and past an atm on the other side of the street. Neatly located next to the bank itself. She had never quite accepted that there was actually was a bank there, and merely saw the shop as an extension of the Cash point tbh. She just didn't see it being a bank, because the other banks in town were BIG shops and stores, the buildings were prominent on the lines of shops and the billboards and sign boards outside them screamed in a tasteful yet reserved manner 'BANK'.

Past the old store that used to sell all sorts of treasures, from garden wind chimes to books on animals. In fact she had brought a book about animals there when she was younger. A large hardback picture and info book on what SHE thought at the time, was every animal ever possibly imaginable. 

And there it was, to the right was an alley way type thing that led past a charity shop on the right hand side and a jewellers on the left, both a corner shop. 

Directly opposite the mouth to the alley was an OXFAM book shop which she frequented often with her Mum.

'Jaqs'

Startled she whipped her head around to see who called her. She realised that it was Liam, a boy from her college who she hung around with quite a lot. She trusted him, although he was a bit of a ladies man, how she would never know!

Then again she could admit that she herself was a tad intrigued by his beguilingly up him self nature. Maybe his such confidence in himself and his own abilities rubbed off on to other people and they say what he wanted them too see. Maybe he cried alone in his room at night too.

Nah, he had a girlfriend. Poor bitch. Flirting with girls in front of her very eyes, but that was just LIAM all over. He didn't mean any harm did he? He just didn't think of anyone elses feelings or respect their thoughts half the time. He was so worldly innocent in a way that paired with a mans body and age, doesn't always bode well for his interpersonal relationships. 

'Come here and meet my mate' he said to her as he beckoned he in to the Jewellers. Cautiously because she was still shy, no matter how overly extraverted her loud jokes and piercing laughs may have seemed at that time.  

Walking through the door, the whole place screamed expensive.

But tacky. 

She didn't believe the prices he had up and the jewellery on display were anywhere near the amount he asked for.