11

"Y-...Yoongi" Jimin's faint voice, not used to be used, filled the soundlessness that was wrapped around him. His uncle already sleeping at the time Jimin decided to call Yoongi. The older one cutting short instantly the call, breaking his untamed calico cat's heart, feeling it being shattered into an infinity of pieces for the first time. A painful feeling of deception growing in his broken heart, a bitter emotion devastating him. 

'See, promises... they're not meant to be kept.' 

Jimin sets back the telephone at its place and settles down on the floor next to the little counter where the phone was set on. Hugging his knees tightly, sobbing and starting to feel sleepy after a while. He was dozing off when a loud sound woke him up, supplemented by countless "Jimin!" the person banging on his door repetitively like a madman while calling his name as if he was about to disappear forever. 

Jimin got up, rubbing his now sleepy eyes while opening the door of the apartment to expose a very sweating Yoongi, exhausted to have rushed so fast there. Yoongi, arching over a bit, his hands resting on his knees, attempting to regain his respiration spoke with much difficulty.

"Ji.min. Are. you. al.right?" each of his words being interrupted by a loud breathe out. "Are. you. hurt. " he says again, before making Jimin turn on himself, cheeking every part of the younger to make sure he wasn't hurt, diving his gaze into Jimin's big chocked eyes to see if he had been crying, lifting a bit Jimin's shirt to che- 

The door was suddenly being closed to Yoongi's face by a panicked Jimin that had become as red as his -newly favorite ever- shoes that Yoongi had laced for him. 

A fragment of time later, the door was reopened and revealed his little calico cat again. Standing adorably in bright purple pajamas.

"I-" began Jimin, having regretted what he had done the minute he saw Yoongi like this. "Just wanted to see." confessed Jimin "If you'd really come..."

Jimin now felt guilty to have made Yoongi worry. He bitted his bottom lip in guilt, looking at Yoongi with sad puppy eyes, asking for forgiveness.

Yoongi exhaled out loud before leaning against the wall beside Jimin's apartment door. "Dumbie," said Yoongi hovering his arm to try to ruffle Jimin's soft hair but the latter one escaped the touch by habit and immediately felt bad for avoiding it. Yoongi just smiled reassuringly to the younger before speaking again, "I told you I'd come." 

Jimin didn't believe in words. He didn't believe in promises. He needed proof. And Yoongi had proven to him that his words were sincere, not drained of their content. 

"Go to sleep," said Yoongi seeing how Jimin's eyes seemed heavy for the younger boy. "You didn't need me, right?"

"Yoongi," spoke timidly Jimin, making the one being called feel so, so, pleased to his melodic voice again, his name seemed beautiful when it was pronounced by Jimin. "Thank you," he added before taking a step forward, coming closer.

Jimin simply stood like this in front of Yoongi, his eyes sparkling more than all of the stars that were illuminating the sky they were walked under some hours before. He definitely likes the third thing besides hoodies and bright colors. He liked Yoongi. Jimin brushed his short fingers against the older boy's hand. 'You really do shine, Yoongi* '

Yoongi watched Jimin's courageous actions with all the attention of the world. Jimin's light touch against the skin of his hand sending Yoongi chills because he knew how much courage it demanded to Jimin. How much special he was to him. 

Jimin gave a second shot to hold Yoongi's hand with his small hand and placed it on top of his head 'I'm sorry Yoongi' allowing Yoongi to ruffle his hair, which Yoongi gladly did.

"Good night, my calico cat."

*The word 윤기 (Yoongi) means "shine" or "gloss."

-wrote it while listening to the song above ^ that I've just discovered hahaha I've got a thing for calming songs. There might be lots of mistakes and weird ass sentences since I was almost falling asleep while trying to write it, sorry in advance if that's the case ;_; andddd, thank you for reading <3 I find myself really taking pleasure to write this story somehow.