Chapter 13

Two weeks.

It has been two weeks since I found my mate. Two weeks that I have been treated as if I am the most important thing in the whole world. I've gotten to go out when I wanted, eat when I want and I'm beginning to say what I want too. Everything is beginning to fall into place, like it was meant to be.

Everyone knows that good things don't last forever though, which means that this happiness will be short lived. I can feel it. Something big is going to happen, everything is going to change. Blake was in town for pack business and promised he'd be home within an hour to take me out for dinner.

Fixing my hair into a messy pony tail I began work on my makeup. Something caught the corner of my eye, a figure. Brock.

"Well well well, look who we have here; little miss princess, the luna of the pack"

"Get out of my room"

"Why would I do that? I've missed spending time with my dear little sister"

"I said get out" I raised my voice a little, hoping that I came across as strong.

"Look who's grown a backbone, think you're all big and tough now that you're mates with the Alpha?" He sneered while grabbing a fistful of my hair.

"Blake will be home soon and when he finds out what you've done he'll kill you"

"Kill me? Why would he kill me? He's only with you so he can have a son to pass the pack on to. You didn't think he actually cared did you?"

"Of course he does! I'm his mate!"

"Mate's are useless, they only cause you pain"

"You're only saying that because you lost yours! Look at you Brock! Look at what you've become"

His grip on my hair tightened and my hands began to shake as I thought of what to say next.

"Stephanie would be disgusted if she saw you right now"

The minute the words left my mouth I regretted them. I was thrown across the room and collapsed in a pile by my bed. I guess mentioning her name made something in him snap. The kicks and punches that I was met with were by far the worst I have ever received. I had never really feared dying before but as I lay crumpled in a small pool of my own blood I thought about all the things I would have done differently with my life. My eyes slowly closed and for what I thought was the last time, I was engulfed in darkness.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Ali? Oh my god! Ali!"

A small hand shook me until my eyes fluttered open and I was met by Tess' worried face.

I smiled faintly up at her and grabbed onto her hand.

"Shh I'm alright" I whispered to her.