Chapter 14 = Into the Night

After the events of the 29th of May, when Xianni was finally sent home, Jenny and Sandra had scrapped the idea of going to comic con that week and instead they, Maurice, Isaac and Bruce had spent the last 3 and a half days together as friends before Friday night on the 1st of June, when the dynamic teenage duo would need to head back to their home village in the Midlands. 

Also, after the events of the 29th of May, when Keagan and his men had finally been defeated, the group had told the police about it all, and Keagan and his accomplices had all been arrested for life. The police had also spoken with their superiors and agreed to keep Jenny and Sandra's involvement a secret from the public. 

Now, at this moment in time, it was Friday 1st June, the day when Sandra and Jenny would head home after their week away. It was completely dark outside by this time, and every street lamp had switched itself on in preparation for the night.

 But before the duo went on their way back to the Midlands, they had one last thing to deal with first: Bruce, Isaac and Maurice had told them to drive the 3 of them back to Birmingham, where they lived, and now, after they'd all gotten out the car, it was time for Jenny and Sandra to reluctantly bid goodbye to them. 

"Like Xianni said, we'll never forget either of you." Said Maurice as he and Sandra shared a hug. 

"The feeling's mutual." Sandra agreed as she also hugged Isaac afterwards and then Bruce. "We won't tell anyone about any of it, but this is the most exciting thing that's ever happened to us!" 

After Jenny had bid Maurice and Isaac goodbye like Sandra had done, she then, with tears welling up in her eyes like when Xianni had gone, ran forward and hugged Bruce, never wanting to leave these amazing people that she and Sandra had met. They'd only known these men a few days, but they'd still formed a friendship. 

"Hey, come on, Jen. Don't cry." Bruce reassured her with a smile. "I don't like seeing either of you sad." 

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. It's just... these last few days have been so exhilarating! So incredible! And it's a shame that has to end." Jenny replied. Sandra, too, had a small tear forming in the corner of her eye. 

"Everything needs to end eventually. But just because something eventually needs to end, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it while it lasts." Maurice also said, offering Jenny the same friendly smile. 

"Very true." Sandra nodded. 

"Well, it's been fun, girls. We're really going to miss you." Isaac said sadly, but was trying to put a brave face on it. 

"We'll miss you too. All 3 of you." Jenny answered. "Goodbye..." 

"Bye, everyone." Sandra said. 

"Farewell." Maurice added. Isaac waved. 

"See ya round, girls." Bruce bid them goodbye as well, and then, after turning around for the last time and not looking back, Jenny and Sandra got back in the front seats of the BMW M3 Sedan. 

"So, home then." Sandra muttered loud enough for her friend to hear, who nodded. 

"I guess Maurice was right. Everything needs to end eventually. But we can still go forward and remember this, right?" 

"Of course." 

"We saved the world. We actually saved the world from what Keagan was gonna do..." Jenny thought out loud. "Do you ever think that one day, we'll see those 3 guys again?" 

"Possibly. Or maybe we'll run into another crazy adventure on the way home!" Sandra suggested jokingly. 

Jenny chuckled at this, and then, after releasing the handbrake, Sandra pressed down slightly onto the BMW's accelerator pedal and the car began to pull away. They both watched Bruce, Isaac and Maurice disappear from sight in the rear view mirror, and the last thing Jenny could see was Bruce's smile and his bright brown eyes before the 3 scientists had vanished from sight completely, and the pale blue BMW sped up and drove off down the road and out of Birmingham, disappearing into the night and over the horizon.