Drabble Challenge 009- Fear (Neri/Rexyks - OC)

Two adventurers Neri and Rexyks, drove a gummi ship together, travelling from world to world. It is Neri’s ambition to reveal any secrets possibly hidden behind every worlds, whether it’s hidden underground passages, myths, and the like. As for Rexyks, he’s just there to be her companion and a guard of some sorts.

“So, which one’s our next destination?”, Rexyks asked.

“That one”, she pointed to the map. The text from the hologram map reads; ‘Halloween Town’

“Oh dear”, he gulped, “Sounds like a fun place”

--

The Gummi ship lands smoothly thanks to the driver, Rexyks. Neri hopped down from the ship, excited to be on a new world. As for Rexyks, not so much...

“This world gives me the creeps”, Rexyks shuddered, walking closer to Neri.

“Relax, it’s gonna be okay”, Neri assured him. Just then, something flew in front of Rexyks’ face.

The words coming out of his mouth are so colorful.

He fell to his back in fright, his face having a horrified expression.

“What the hell is that?!”, he pointed to the flying thing, which is now floating beside Neri. She turned to look at it and smiled, “Hi there!”

She tried to pat it’s head, but her hand went through it instead, as if it’s invisible.

“I-I-It’s a freaking  ghost!”, he exclaimed and distanced himself away from it as far as possible.

“Calm down Rex, it seems harmless. I can’t touch it, it can’t touch me, which means it couldn’t harm us”, Neri spoke. The flying creature flew around Neri for a moment before flying into what looks like a dog house.

“A  ghost of a dog, huh?”, Neri muttered. Then she looked to her companion and giggled, “I never thought you, of all people, would be afraid of ghosts”

“Shut up..”, he stated in embarrassment.