Prologue

"Ahh, on the left!" Ethan shouted to Nick. 

Nick and Ethan sat on the floor with their backs against Nick's couch playing video games. They were intensely playing Uncharted 3 on the PS4 for about 30 minutes now. It is a Sunday afternoon, they are waiting for their best friend Stella to come over so they could hang out.

"I'm down, revive me!" Ethan yelled angrily watching the screen. Nick's character rapidly shot at the enemies attempting to push forward to Ethan. He angrily clicked the buttons on the controller.

"SHIT." They both yelled as Nick died. 

Bella opened the door 5 minutes later.

"Ayy Bella." Ethan yelled. She'd said that she would be over with food for them once she finished shopping. He smiled once he saw the Burger King bag in her hands.

"Hey guys! I got the food."

"Can someone stick a fry in my mouth. Please!" Nick shouted his eyes glued to the screen. "I'm so hungry." He whispered dramatically and laughed. 

"Or you could come and get it yourself." Bella grinned and Nick rolled his eyes not bothering to look at her.

"Anyways have you guys watched the news or listened to the radio at all?" She asked setting out the food from the bag.

"Um the news... what's that?" Ethan laughed.

"So apparently," she began talking, ignoring him, "there was this guy that worked in the government. Tony Hidger. He was let go yesterday. I don't know what for but he was really upset and leaked some news about the plans the government has been working on. There's these toxins and certain chemicals they're making and working on in a couple of states including ours. I didn't hear whether he went into a great detail or not about it, all I heard was that it's not safe but they want to somehow get in us. Inject it in us to test it out or some bullshit, we're not safe anymore."

"They want to test it in us without our permission. That's crazy. We aren't robots that will just bend down to their every will." Ethan was a little shocked and seemed mad. The government can't just expect people to do everything they say and throw it their faces. 

"Exactly we don't even know what these chemical could do to us and the effects it'll have on us." She added.

"I hope someone stops them." Ethan stated.

 Nick finally finished his game. "This isn't right. We aren't test subjects."

|||

thanks for reading. Chapters won't be this short just the prologue. New chapter later this week.

much love • Jay🤙🏽