{3} You've Been Warned

Nick was looking around for an exit or a way to turn back around. He didn't want to just be stuck there.

"Just drive on the grass. Or on that side lane that you usually pull over in." Ethan suggested from the back. Nick flicked his indicator and proceeded with a hard turn into the empty aisle beside them driving in the opposite direction.

He got to the first exit and was about to turn into it when Bella noticed the wall up ahead still.

"Nick no!" Bella said.

"We have to get home!" He yelled.

"It doesn't look like there's way. We're trapped in Virginia." Ethan responded.

They all sat in silence waiting for Nick to drive.

"To my house." Trinity said.

After an hour they were close to her home.

"So how'd you guys meet as friends? Have you known each other for long?" Trinity says breaking silence.

"During Junior year of high school. My friend really liked Ethan. So I tried talking to him so I could sweet talk my girl but I mistook him for Nick. Nick was a little nerdy but there's no doubt he has an athletes build. So yeah us three kind of bonded over that and I built the friendship from there. My friend is gone to university, we decide to take a year off." Bella answered.

Trinity laughed. "That's pretty cool."

"Do you have any nicknames?" Bella asked turning to her.

"Yeah you can call me Trin, TT, Trinny whatever works."

"Trinny is cute."

"She's cute." Ethan smirked ending the convo.

The three all rushed to charge their phones while Trin's went to the tv since she didn't have her phone. They all met on her couch to watch the news, they wanted an explanation for all the crazy things happening. The object falling from the sky, the black ocean, unexpected rumbling waves, a freaking barrier keeping them from going home. It all doesn't make sense.

In the Virginia Beach there has been sightings of something falling from the sky. Some say it was a part of a plane others say it was a pill shaped object. It dropped into the ocean. Minutes later the water become a dangerous dark black colour. That had to be the cause, because witnesses say the water felt amazing while they were in it. In more serious news the ocean waves are showing dangerously high waves travelling fast. 'There wasn't any type of phenomena that could trigger such waves but we are calling for a tsunami warning. Evacuate!' says Oceanographer Toby Hunloe. Find a secure area on high ground, above the sea level. There's no way out of this one seeming as a wall has been installed guarding any outsiders from this mess. Therefore evacuation isn't an option .We're all confused and are very concerned. I'm Sarah Lahud, wishing you a safe evening.

The news then blasted a tsunami alert across the television screen. Trinity clicked the remote turning off the television off.

Trinity's POV

My mind couldn't focus. After watching the news I was so confused, I think we all were.

"This is fucking crazy."

"What the heck is happening?" I said more to myself than anyone.

"It's a tsunami they said," Ethan answered. "What do we do?"

"I need to talk to my friends, can I borrow one of your phones?" I asked turning to them.

"Yes of course." Bella walked to her phone and unplugged it handing it to me. I dialed Alexis' number. I gave her my phone to hold when I went for the ice cream since I didn't have any pockets.

"Hello? Who is this?" She answered.

"Oh my gosh Alexis! It's me, TT."

"Where have you been you idiot! Are you kidnapped, where the hell are you!" She was worried which made me smile.

"I'm with some new people. I was at the ice cream truck and some thirsty man came to me. Long story short I've been with his friends all this time, I tried to find you guys but you guys left. Now I'm with them at my house."

"Are you safe!" She asked.

"Yes I think so, except for this stupid tsunami warning."

"Sorry we left. We worried for you but we couldn't just sit and wait by the creepy water." My eyes began to water. "Should I get the group and drive down to your place?" I moved to the kitchen disturbed at the noise the three were making.

"No no no this tsunami could be serious. I don't know what I'd do if you guys got hurt because of me. Stay home and stay secure, please."

"Okay we will, love you."

"Love you guys too." I ended the call wiping any fallen tears. I walked back into the living room to check on them.

"What's with all the noise?"

"You know a couple of months ago the guy who got fired and exposed the governments files or something?" Nick answered. I nodded slowly in response until I finally understood and gave them a better look of assurance. His name was Tony.

"Yeah so he tweeted something about an hour ago. 'I've warned you guys about what they're doing. This isn't all at random. Virginia, you guys aren't the last. This is just the beginning. Better get into hiding, stay away from the water if you can. No one's safe.'" Bella read from her phone.

"Woah." It was so vague. It didn't make any sense.

"We should probably get to high ground now. There's an abandoned concrete building that we can climb to the top of. Grab everything we'll need."

Third Pov

The four of them got any food, blankets, phones, materials and that kind of stuff that they thought they really needed. Nick insisted on bringing 2 laptops, which made no sense to them.

They didn't have all that much time. Trinity drove them to the building she was talking about and floored it. They got settled on the roof about 5 stories up, and noticed other civilians trying to get to higher ground. People on tops of apartments and driving uphill but there really wasn't any time.

***

"We're going to die!" Bella shouted knelt down on her knees.

Houses were picked up and carried by the black water. There were a series of powerful waves sweeping the land. The amount of debris around them was disgusting. The waves looked to be 40 feet in the water but when it touched land it dropped to about 15.

Ocean waves splashed against their building. They were all scared shit less. Each of them witnessed people struggle and reach onto anything to stay safe.

"Ahhh." Bella screamed from the right edge of the roof.

"BELLA." Nick and Ethan yelled in unison running to Bella. She was swinging at the edge. A broken down roof drifted quickly and smashed against the wall which frightened her and she dropped.

"OMG BELLA." Trin yelled.

Bella clutched desperately onto the ledge. Her left foot touched the water and her shoe fell. Nick ran fast towards her and firmly grabbed her arm. He pulled her up on his own as Ethan was on the his ass since Nick pushed him out of his way.

"You're safe."

|||
k so I changed Katrina's name to Trinity. some parts may not have made sense so if i should be more descriptive let me know in the comments.
What do you think of Ethan and Trinity btw🤔

much love • Jay 🤙🏽