{8} I Want To Come

Nick got on the phone with Tony and explained his take on what happened and on what he and Trinity had seen. Tony said that he was expecting one of them to notice that.

"It's because of what the government had placed into the ocean turning it black."

"So they ended up drinking it or something and then it changed them?" Bella inquired a little confused.

"No, the chemicals are so strong and effective that it doesn't have to be consumed or ingested for it to work. Just the touch could do damage."

"So don't touch the water?" Ethan said.

"Precisely."

"See I told you guys that we should stay away from any contact with it." Nick said being the smart ass he was. They all ignored his comment.

"Has anyone touched it?" Tony asked.

"No."

"Nope."

"Of course not."

"I don't know." Bella came forward.

"Huh?" Ethan stepped closer.

"I mean I think my foot touched it a little. When I fell of the edge during the tsunami remember. But it couldn't have done anything, right?"

"I don't know, just stay aware of any changes." Tony said. "I've got to go. We'll text later Ethan." He ended the call.

"Don't worry B, you're fine." They all group hugged.

Trinity broke the silence. "I've been talking with my friends. They want to see me."

"They can't come here," Nick argued.

"I know, I know. I'll go to them."

"I don't think you should go alone." Bella came forward.

"Yeah me neither, maybe-"

"I'll come." Nick interrupted Ethan stepping forward. She smiled at him and nodded.

"Wait but I want Bella with me."

"Okay she'll come, Ethan you can stay here." Nick suggested.

Ethan glared at him until Nick faced him and he there was a big fake smile across his face. "Yeah... sure." He agreed dryly.

Ethan pulled Nick over away from the girls.

"Yo what the heck. I wanna go with Trinny. I've been up here since yesterday afternoon." Ethan stated.

He clearly wanted to go out with Trinity and not stay up here.

Nick shrugged. "I don't know. I need to protect her bro. And Bella."

"I can protect them! You know that I clearly like Trinity. Why are you being like this."

Nick rolled his eyes. "You can go next time." He ended.

"What the fuck.." Ethan mumbled to himself.

***

"Alright let's go." Nick said the next morning.

When Nick said he was ready yesterday Trinity and Bella laughed in his face.

"Not today! I'm too tired. We'll go tomorrow. Let's just... relax." Trinity replied yesterday.

It was about 11 am and they were ready to go. They got a little food from the pile to bring just in case.

"Wait Trinity," Ethan called. He stood close his arm touching the small of her back forcing her body a little closer.