O

"But-"

"Please Grayson!" I beg as he throws the last box aside and he collapses on my bed.

"No!" He says.

I sit next to him and grab his arm. "Please?! Pretty please?!" I stick out my lower lip. "I really like him."

"But I'm supposed to be with you."

"Grayson. I told you. I wanna be just friends. Okay? So please, let your friend meet a guy she likes, and let her be happy."

G looks down and sighs, closing his eyes and pinching his nose. "Alright."

I hug him. "Thanks dude! What time is it at?"

"Luke is moving in at 5:30 tomorrow night."

"I can't waittt." I kiss Grayson's cheek, making his dorky smile return to his face. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"Mhm."

"And thank you for helping me move into my dorm."

"Mhm."

"You're my bestttt friend. Other than Celia."

He chuckles. "Mhm."

-🎼-🎼-🎼-🎼-🎼-🎼-

I smooth down my simple red dress and retie my converse. I sit at the campus cafe, waiting for Grayson and Luke to arrive.

I fiddle with the side braid Celia insisted on doing. I even pull out my contacts, making sure a speck of my mascara didn't get on them.

I quickly push them back on when I see Grayson walk through the door, apparently laughing at something Luke has said.

I look down, pretending to be interested in the half eaten muffin on my plate.

"Hey Alice."

I look up and smile at Grayson and Luke. Pretty Boy sits across from me and Grayson next to him.

"I'm Alice." I smile at Luke.

"I've heard lots about you. You two make a good couple." Luke mentions.

"Grayson. We've discussed this. We are not dating."

"But-" G says.

I toss a glare at him.

"Fine." He huffs out. "Lukas, Alice and I are not dating."

"Oh, well, that's too bad, I guess."

I shrug and rest my elbow on the table, my chin on my hand. "How's Ohio? I've heard you're from Franklin."

"It's beautiful. And cold." He laughs, and I let out a small (and a bit flirtatious) laugh.

We talk a lot for the next hour, and we've thankfully a lot in common. He even holds my hand, which I guess is kinda forward for the first meet, but I don't care.

He has just broken up with his girlfriend-Anna, I think- which is perfect.

"You guys are sooo boring." Grayson groans.

"Shush it, G." I let out a laugh.

"I guess that's a signal we should head back to our apartment. I'll see you around, Alice." Luke winks and places a small slip of paper in the palm of my hand before walking off with Grayson.

I look down at the note and smile.

Call me ;)

919-736-1637

I shove the paper in my pocket and head back to my dorm, the stars showering over me as I smile, thinking about Luke. How cute he is, how sweet he is, and even giggling a bit at how mad Grayson was.

I step into the dorm and Celia pulls off her headphones and sets aside her homework.

"You look giddy." She says.

"I met Luke." I collapse on my bed and smile at the ceiling.

"Oh, God." Celia laughs. "Did you make a good impression?"

"I think so. He held my hand and winked at me. He also gave me his number."

"Sounds like a man whore."

I scoff. "How?"

"He's already too eager about you."

"Oh, shut up. He likes me and he's not a man whore."

"Don't say I didn't warn ya." She slips her headphones back on and I roll my eyes.

Luke is not a player.

-🎼-🎼-🎼-🎼-🎼-🎼-

Luke presses me against the wall and kisses me. I tangle my hands in his hair.

This has been the best week of my life. Meeting him, becoming his girlfriend... it's been awesome.

Luke places his hands on the wall, next to my head. I shuffle my hands around in his hair, and Luke breaks the kiss, his eyes half open as he talks.

"Don't mess up my hair, babe."

"Sorry." I connect my lips back with his and place my hands on his shoulders.

We're interrupted by a knock on the door.

I groan and sit back on my bed. Luke opens the door and Celia walks in.

"Were you guys making out?" She asks with a laugh.

"Yesss." I say.

"Eww. I'll leave." Celia grabs her bag and heads back out, leading Luke to pin me down against the bed and start kissing me again.