A Little Too Much

Before I start, I'd like to thank NicoleHeartsGrayson3 for helping me with this chapter. We've been writing it out together for the past week.

Go check her out, she's an AMAZING writer. Like, how tf is she so good?

One last thing, she let me use her idea from Coach Krzyzewski's Granddaughter, which is my favorite book of hers. (Now Nicole give me the money for saying that)

OH ALSO THERE IS MENTIONING OF SUICIDE IN THIS CHAPTER (and the future ones).I am not meaning to take the subject lightly at all. It's part of the story, so please don't hurt me. (Or yourselves, you're all amazing ❤️)

Sometimes it all gets a little too much,
But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up,
And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same,
And we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much

A Little Too Much ~ Shawn Mendes (suggested by Nicole)

"Good luck," Faith says before kissing my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I smile then head into the gym as she stands outside with the crowd.

I talk with Luke as we change into our jerseys, then we warm up. As Elon warms up, we roll our eyes, knowing we will crush them. Even though they're in home court, we will win easily.

I feel eyes on me as the crowd starts filing in. I roll my ball aside and take deep breaths to calm myself down.

Frank walks over and pats my back. "You okay?"

I look up and see Alice with a smile on her gorgeous face, waving around a sign that says 'I 💙 #3'.

"Yeah," I smile at Frank. "I'm good." I pick my ball back up and continue practicing.

Once it's time to start, the starters, including myself, sit on the bench to be introduced.

I force a smile and ignore the 'boo's all around me as my name is announced. I am extremely tempted to rip a sign which says 'I Hate Grayson Allen'.

 I am extremely tempted to rip a sign which says 'I Hate Grayson Allen'

Wow they're so fucking clever 😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

The game is going fine so far, us winning, obviously. The only problem is Steven Santa Ana, who is loving whispering rude things in my ear.

Like: You should get the wider rope, it'll choke you faster.

And that was the nice one.

I can't fucking take it. The booing. The signs. Steven. My anger is taking over my mind, and my legs.

Because I tripped him.

I don't remember much. Just yelling. Fighting Scheyer. Crying into my towel.

I look up at Alice, who I expect to be mad as hell. But she isn't. She's the greatest in the world.

She mouths to me 'it's okay.'

But it's not. It's really not.

Alice's POV

I don't care about the rules. Right after the game, I run into the locker room. They all stare at me as I hug Grayson.

"It's gonna be okay, baby." I whisper in his ear.

"Go. You can't be in here."

"But-"

"I don't want coach yelling any more than he already is."

I nod and kiss his cheek. I mutter a 'sorry' to the guys and walk out. I wait by the door and decide to call Celia.

"Twitter is going nuts." She says.

"I hate this. I hate this has to happen to him."

"I know."

"I mean, he's such an amazing person. I love him so much. Why can't they?"

"Because when someone, especially a Duke player, makes a mistake, it doesn't end pretty."

I sigh. "You're right."

"I gotta go. Bye." She hangs up and I take in a deep breath, waiting for Grayson.

An Elon fan walks past me, but stops in his tracks and turns around. "Aren't you Tripper's girlfriend?"

"His name is Grayson." I spit.

"You deserve so much better than that dick."

"At least he has one."

The guy rolls his eyes and walks off. I hear footsteps come near the door and stand up straighter.

Once Grayson walks out with the rest, I cling onto him, holding his hand and wrapping my other arm around his bicep.

We stay silent on the bus, I just rest my head on his chest as he holds me. Once we arrive at my apartment, I close the door and hug him.

"Don't listen to them." I say.

"But they're everywhere." G says through sobs. "I hate it, baby. I hate my life."

"Don't say that."

"Everyone hates me."

"I don't."

"99% of America hates me."

"That's not true. And you know that."

He just continues to sob. I hate seeing my sweet boy like this.

"Hey, how about we watch The Silence Of The Lambs and cuddle?"

He sniffles. "Okay."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."