Moving to Korea

Upon hearing the news that they are moving to Korea for some family business for 4 yrs, Lisa felt happy since she'll be able to discover different culture but at the same time, she was anxious.

Ever since she was 3 years old, Lisa's parents has kept her home-schooled and it surprised her when they told her that they'll be sending her to a real school in Korea. She felt anxious since she did not know how she would act towards her classmates, and she was afraid that people may not like her.

"Mom, can't you just keep me home-schooled like here in Thailand?" Lisa asked her mother, hoping that she would agree with her request.

"I'm sorry baby, but you you're already in grade 11, I think it's time for you to mingle with different people." Lisa's mom replied.

"But mom, I'm s-scared. What if people will not like me and think I'm weird or something?" Lisa asked.

"Don't be. Just be yourself and people will love you for you, okay sweetie?" Lisa's mom replied and gave her daughter a comforting hug.

Because of her mom's comforting words and hug, her anxiousness has lessened.

-

While Lisa was on her bed with some book on her hand, she heard a knock on the door.

Even though they were only three people who live in the house, they still respect each other's privacy.

Lisa stood up and opened the door for the person who knocked.

"Yes, dad?" Lisa asked when she saw her father from the opposite side of the door.

"I just came by to tell you to pack your things and get ready, we'll be leaving in exactly 3 hours, okay?" Lisa's dad told her with a smile. Whereas Lisa gave his smile back and nodded her head in agreement.

Lisa's dad then gave her a peck on her forehead before he went downstairs.

Upon closing her door, she went to grab her suitcase and started stuffing it with some clothes, her favorite albums, movies, books and etc.

She then went to the bathroom and started cleaning herself as she was told by her dad.

After taking a shower, she continued reading her book.

-

"Baby, are you ready?" Lisa heard her dad behind the door. She stood up, fixed her bed, grabbed her suitcase and went downstairs.

-

It took them an hour to get to the airport.

Once they heard their flight number, they went directly to the aircraft.

Here's to new experiences.

**

Italized words are the character's thoughts.