two

"Good morning," Luke said, walking into his room, a towel tied around his waist, his hair a wet mess.

"Morning," I smiled, wrapping Luke's comforter around my body.

"So I have really bad news and really good news," he said. "What do you want first?"

"I'll take the bad news first," I shrugged.

"So. Every car at the party got towed. But, that just means you get to spend the whole weekend here with me."

"I thought you said there was bad news," I bit my lip.

He laughed and walked back into the bathroom.

"How do you feel about breakfast?" He yelled.

"I love breakfast," I called back.

Luke came out of the bathroom fully clothed. His hair dry, but messy. He looked so good. "There's a toothbrush and some facial soap in there for you. Take your time," he said and walked out of his bedroom.

I got out of Luke's bed and padded into the bathroom, throwing my hair into a messy bun. The face wash smelled so good and made my face feel so good. It had me wondering where it had been all my life. Sort of like Luke.

I walked out of his bedroom into the hallway where Luke was waiting. "Ready?" He asked.

I smiled. "Ready."
____________
Today was one of the best days I've had in a while. After breakfast, Luke took me to the mall so I could get some new clothes since I wouldn't be able to go home for a few more days.

He decided to take me for a walk in the city at sunset. "Why are you being so nice to me?" I finally asked him.

"What do you mean?" He asked me.

"It's just like, we don't even know each other and you've done so much for me," I answered.

"Quinn. I really want to get to know you. I can promise you that," he smiled, looking down at me.

"I wanna get to know you, too," I smiled back up at him.

"Perfect. Let's go grab something to eat. There's a cool place down by the river." Luke grabbed my hand and led the way.

"This place is really cool, Luke," I said as we walked in the door. "Does your brother own it too?"

He chuckled. "No. His girlfriend does."

I laughed. "Seriously?"

He smiled. "Seriously."

The host led took us to a table right on the docks. I ordered the most amazing chicken salad, and had a really amazing talk with Luke. He was a great guy.

"Luke, please let me pay. You've done enough for me already," I offered as the server dropped off our check.

"Quinn, please. You're staying with me this weekend. Let me take care of you," he said in the most comforting voice.

"This isn't going to end after the weekend, right?" I asked, extremely hopeful.

"I sure hope it doesn't," he smirked, shoving cash in the server's check book. "Let's get out of here. I have one more place I wanna show you today."

Luke got up from the table and walked me down the docks a little farther. After about ten minutes of walking, we came to a small beach surrounded by rocks. "This is beautiful, Luke," I said.

"This has been my hiding place ever since I was young," he said taking a seat on the sand. I sat down next to him.

"Tell me some more things about you," i said, smiling. "What's your family like, your favorite movie, favorite color. Ya know, things."

"Well, my mom is out touring Australia taking pictures, living her dreams. She moved there about a year ago. I live with my older brother, Jack, and his girlfriend, Sara. And my younger sister, Lilian, is away at school. I'd have to say my favorite movie is, I don't know, the jump street movies? Black. Black is the best color. Tell me about you."

"I love the jump street movies, too. Black is a good color, but I think yellow is the best color," I laughed. "And as for my family, that's a story for another time."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you alright?" He asked.

I nodded and pressed my lips together. "I will be." He wrapped his arm around me, and I leaned into his chest. "Thank you for today. I haven't had this much fun in awhile."

"It's my pleasure," he said softly.

Luke and I sat in silence until the night life around us began to slow down. He figured we'd better get out of there before we got locked down there, so he brought us back to his Jeep. He played some songs for me, songs that I had never heard of before.

We walked quietly back into his house, and he locked the door behind us. I changed in my new clothes, and crawled into his bed. Luke walked out of the bathroom, and said goodnight to me, and started to walk out.

"Luke?" I asked, stopping him.

"Yeah?"

"Will you with me tonight?" I asked. "It does get pretty cold in here."

He smiled, and climbed into bed next to me, pulling me into his chest. "Goodnight, Quinn," he whispered.

"Goodnight, Luke."