three

Luke and I woke up early on Monday morning since we both had to go to class. I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed, though.

I curled up onto Luke's side of the bed since he was in the shower. Soon he appeared in front of me like he did every morning. His hair messy and wet, and a towel around his waist. He chuckled when he saw me still in bed. He shoved a toothbrush in his mouth and walked back into the bathroom.

Luke came back out with clothes on and sat down on the bed next to me. "Good morning sleeping beauty. You have to get up now," he said softly leaning down to kiss my temple.

"Hmm mmm," i murdered shaking my head, burying myself into his bed more.

"I wish we could stay in bed all day too, but we have responsibilities," he ran his hand through my hair.

"But if I get up that means I have to leave you for the week," I said sadly.

He smiled. "It'll go faster than you know it."

"Fine," I smiled, and sat up. "Give me five minutes."

"Five minutes," he repeated.

I skipped into his bathroom to quickly wash my face and brush my teeth. I walked out of the bathroom to see Luke with a backpack on, ready to go.

"Let's get on the road. We have about a thirty minute drive," he said, heading out of his room. "We can stop and get coffee on the way."

"Coffee sounds nice," I murmured, following close behind him.

We got in the car and started driving. Luke played me his favorite songs and told me a story about his childhood. I really liked spending time with him.

He stopped at a Starbucks like he said he would. Luke remembered my exact drink order as he heard me order it the other day.

"Thanks," i smiled. "You didn't have to do all this for me this weekend."

He smiled back. "I know. I wanted to."

The car towing place came into view and I wished it would just burst into flames or something so I wouldn't have to leave him.

"This is you," Luke said, as he put his Jeep in Park.

"Thanks, Luke. For everything. I seriously owe you," I said, gathering up my things.

"You seriously don't," he smiled. "Text me when you get home, okay?"

"Okay," I said biting my lip. As if on cue, he placed his lips onto mine. They were the softest lips I'd ever felt. He pulled away and I smiled, then he kissed me again.

"I'll see you soon, okay Quinn?"

"See you soon Luke."

"Drive safe! Don't forget to text me when you get home," he said as I got out of his car.

"I will, I promise," I smiled and shut the passenger door.

I walked into the office of this car place where I had to pay an obnoxious fine to get my car back. Thankfully, they recovered the keys from my bag. The bag itself however, was long gone.

I drove home silently as reality started to kick in. I hadn't taken my anxiety or depression medication since Friday morning. My body was starting to transition back to how I used to be.

I pulled up to my house and rested my  head against my steering wheel. I did not want to go inside. I pulled out my phone to let Luke know I was home safe.

Thanks Quinn. I miss you already.

I walked in the front door as quietly as possible, but he was already awake. My brother Derek was sitting at the kitchen counter waiting for me.

"Well look who finally decided to come home," he said.

"Yeah," I murmured, trying my best to avoid him and get upstairs.

"The kitchen better be clean by the time I get home tonight," he said sternly.

"We'll see," I told him as I ran up the stairs to bedroom, and I locked the door behind me. I heard Derek's footsteps coming up the stairs. He began pounding on my door.

"Quinn i swear to fucking god this entire house better be spotless by the time I get home from work tonight," he boomed.

"I'm not your fucking maid, Derek!" I screamed back at him. "Hire one god damn it."

"Well if I hire a maid she's getting your room. So if I were you, I'd cooperate," he sneered, and finally walked down the hall.

Back to fucking reality.