five

I woke up to Luke's loud alarm going off way too early in the morning. His warm body shifted next to me as he reached over to turn his alarm off. "I'm sorry, baby. Go back to sleep," Luke mumbled in a sleepy voice.

I almost melted into the warmth of his bed. I felt butterflies in my stomach. You know, that feeling you get at the beginning of a relationship. "Don't go," I whined.

Luke chuckled. "Five more minutes," he said. He laid back down, and I cuddled onto his chest. Luke ran his hands gently through my hair as we laid there in silence.

The five minutes seemed to go by so fast. "I have to get up now," he said softly.

I shook my head against his chest and he laughed softly. "I'll be back in a couple hours." He then kissed my forehead.

I had only known Luke for a few weeks, but I already felt so safe in his arms. "Fine," I muttered.

He gently got up and walked into the bathroom. I heard the soft sound of the shower turn on and I smiled to myself. I could definitely get used to mornings like this. I turned the T.V. on and reruns of Friends were playing.

The shower quickly turned off and Luke reappeared in front of me again. "Why are you still awake?"

I shrugged. "I can sleep when you're gone."

He smiled. "You're cute."

"You're cute," I repeated, giggling.

He went back into the bathroom to finish getting ready. He came out fully clothed, his hair still a little damp.

"My sister, Lily is coming home at some point today. So don't be alarmed if she gets home before I do, okay?" He said, as he walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge next to me.

I smiled and nodded. "Sounds good."

"I have some friends coming home from school tonight, too, and they wanna get together. Are you cool with meeting them or did you wanna do something else?" Luke asked, placing his hand on my thigh over top of the blanket.

"I'd love to meet your friends," I told him sincerely.

He gave me a big smile. "Awesome," he said, and placed a kiss on my lips. "I'll be home around three, okay?"

"I'll see you at three," I said as he got up. "Have a good day at school."

"Get some sleep," he said as he walked out of his bedroom shutting the door behind him.

I finished another episode of friends before I fell back asleep. At about noon, I woke up to some noise downstairs. I decided it was finally time to get up and get myself together, so I brushed my teeth and got in the shower.

As I was blow drying my hair, there was a knock on Luke's bedroom door. I opened it to see a pretty blonde girl, assuming it was Lily.

"Hey! Quinn, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, are you Lily?" I asked, laughing nervously.

"Yeah! It's so nice to meet you! Luke told me a little bit about you. Do you wanna go get lunch?!" She asked enthusiastically.

I smiled. "Lunch sounds great actually. Can I finish getting ready?"

"Yeah, sure! Take as much time as you need!" She said, and skipped down the hallway to her room.

I pulled out my phone to text Luke.

Your sister is kidnapping me for the day. She's so sweet!

Less than a minute later, he had replied.

I see she beat me home, lol. Have fun babe.

I've known Luke for one week. Seven days. And I already felt so close to him as if I had known him forever. I was so happy to meet his family and friends, too. It felt good to finally be in a healthy environment.

"Hey, are you ready?" Lily peeked her head in the bathroom.

"Yeah! Let's go," I smiled.

She led me down the walkway to her Volkswagen SUV. "So there's this really cute coffee shop downtown that sells little desserts and sandwiches and stuff. Is that cool with you? Or did you wanna go somewhere else? We can go wherever you want," she said as we got into her car.

I laughed. I loved how enthusiastic and happy she was. "That sounds great. An iced coffee is calling my name."

"Me too!" She cheered, as she pulled out of the driveway. "So listen, I wouldn't usually do this, because I'm a super overprotective sister, but Luke is already so crazy about you. He called me the other night to tell me all about you. He's never done that before. About anything. So I just had to get to know you, myself."

"Really?" I asked, smiling big. "We've literally known each other for two weeks. But that makes me really happy. Luke is a great guy, I'm sure you know that. You're lucky to have him as a brother."

"Trust me, when Luke knows, he knows," she said genuinely. "So tell me about you. I wanna know everything."

"I laughed. "There really isn't much to know. I go to Cal Riverside for psychology. Then after that, I wanna go to med school to be a psychologist. But I work at this little Italian restaurant right off of campus like Monday through Thursday. I live with my older brother, Derek..." I trailed off. "Uh, my favorite color is yellow," I laughed.

"Med school!" She exclaimed and nearly swerved off the road. "I'm planning on going to med school for pediatrics! Where do you wanna go?!"

"Honestly, I just wanna stay at Riverside. It's super close to home, and it's a beautiful campus. I like the professors," I shrugged.

"Riverside is beautiful. I might look at it myself," she said. Lily had this really enthusiastic tone to her. I liked it.

"I really love it there," i said, and Lily pulled into a parking spot.

"Okay, this is the place, it's super cute and i think you're gonna love it."

We got out of the car and walked inside. I kid you not, this was the cutest little cafe i have ever seen. I ordered a cold brew with almond milk and a chicken avocado melt. The food was amazing, and Lily and I had a great talk.

"Well, I need a nap, so let's get out of here," she said as she grabbed her things and walked out the door.

The car ride was mostly quiet. Lily really was tired. Luke was back from school, and he was in his room studying.

Luke and I worked on our own school work for most of the day. We talked a little in between study breaks, but we mostly did our own thing. It was peaceful.

His friends were great. They told me funny stories about Luke in high school and while growing up.

The weekend seemed to go faster than we knew it. Eventually, it was time for me to go home. I was sad to leave Luke and his friends and family, but it made me even more sad that I had to go home and face Derek and Anthony.

"I'll see you on Friday," I said to Luke as he walked me to my car.

"Friday," he repeated, opening my car door for me.

I climbed in and rolled my window down. "I had a lot of fun this weekend," I told him.

Luke smiled. "Me too." He leaned in for a kiss. "Drive safe. Text me when you're home."

I smiled. "Okay."

"Okay."